In February 2014, we have already spent our fourth holiday on this beautiful island, which is just like in the magazines: crystal clear water, palm trees, and impeccably clean white sand beach. Every time we lived in our overwater bungalow for two weeks, with direct access to the crystal clear water with thousands of colourful fish directly in front of your eyes. But Centara Grand is not only about nature, it’s also a real 5-star environment: all three restaurants provide delicious food (our favourite is the Thai restaurant) where we enjoyed the great food every day. Not to forget a nice aperitif in the Aqua bar, plus a cocktail after dinner in the Coral bar, where we love to listen to the waves of the Indian ocean.
None of us two was ever a great fan of spas, but since the all-inclusive offer includes 1/2 hour massage (or other beauty treatment of your choice) every day, we tried it and we loved it. Nothing better after an ‘exhausting’ day in the sun and snorkelling around the island.
But the cherry on the cake is the personnel. Everybody (and we mean everybody) is consistently nice, pleasant, eager to serve us, talkative, and really trying to make our stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. And this is true from the top management to the room cleaner who come twice a day to keep our rooms impeccably clean.
No doubt - we will come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by a stunning house reef that is a kaleidoscope of colour for snorkellers, and distinctive with its timbered walkways and colonial-style buildings, the five-star Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives is a barefoot paradise. With the Ultimate All-Inclusive concept, your stay is absolutely carefree meaning that all meals, spa treatments, activities and water sports, daily excursions, and even diving are all included. Weatherboard villas, thatched-roof buildings, a white-sand beach and sparkling lagoon are the setting for your honeymoon or fun-filled family holiday. Villas and beach suites are generously-sized (86-159 square metres); the over-water villas enjoy their own sundeck with steps down to the multihued coral reefs. Special villas for families have bunk beds in a children’s area, and you can also enjoy the option of an overwater villa with plunge pool. When it comes to dining, all your meals – and more – are included. Sumptuous champagne breakfasts are available at Reef Restaurant, lunches and dinners are to be enjoyed at the Azurri Mare Italian Restaurant, the Suan Bua Thai restaurant or Reef Restaurant. There are two bars on the island. Voted as Maldives’ most family-friendly resort two years in succession, the island has the ideal family itinerary: activities at the age-specific kids’ clubs, water activities like banana boat and tube rides, water sports, and pool games by thea children’s pool. Anyone in need of some deep relaxation can enjoy the daily spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, yoga sessions, or simply laze beachside. Beside water sports and one of the best PADI dive centres in the Maldives, the resort’s house reef and lagoon provide fascination for snorkellers, and just off the reef there is a dedicated shipwreck that offers easy diving and a close-up view of turtles and whale sharks, manta rays, and surgeonfish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Prestigia, Agoda, Fastbooking, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Island Hotel Centara Grand Island
- Centara Grand Island Resort And Spa
- Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives