Pension Villa Hermani Magura / Bran
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Magura
See available hotels
Hotel Monteoru(Sarata Monteoru)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Hotel Ciucas(Valenii de Munte)
View Hotel
Capitol Hotel(Valenii de Munte)
Villa Bijoux(Ploiesti)
View Hotel
All reviewspacked lunchchocolate barporridgebreakfast buffethonesty barsoupscarpathian mountainsbeautiful locationarrived after midnightbear triphome madea great place to stayyogurtcomfortable staythe ownerexcellent foodother guests
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 June 2012

This is a well-run 17 room guest house set in the most beautiful countryside. A warm welcome was given by Katharina, who is extremely knowledgeable about local wildlife and the local environment - bears, wolves, birds, beavers, bats and wildflowers ......Staff were helpful and worked very hard to produce wonderful breakfasts, (afternoon tea and cake available) and plentiful three course evening meal. Local food, milk and cheese used. Plenty of opportunities for National Park walks and cycling.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank LancashireExplorers
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Stayed here as part of an Exodus walking holiday and was blown away by the food and service. Room had everything you could need for a relaxing stay. The library and verandah with spectaular views were main highlights. The guesthouse animals, cats and dogs were an added bonus. If your looking for a real break away from it all this is the place. The owners really do know their stuff both service wise and in regards to the nature surrounding you.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jo-annLloyd
Reviewed 12 June 2012

A 3-night stay here, at this remote, but highly beautiful ‘plateau’ location. Relaxed, but well run.

The German owners are expert on wildlife (as a naturalist myself, I can assure readers they know their stuff), which was the main purpose of my visit- and had provided me with the details of a local guide, as they were already booked for their own guiding during these dates.

The food is really special and cooked for each meal. One breakfast included scrambled eggs with forest mushrooms picked the previous day. My special dietary requirements, of which I’d pre-warned them, were fully met, with no hassle. In fact, my meals were almost the same as those of the other guests, without those ingredients I cannot take. Soups were ample and delicious and mains most tasty. Dessert was a different ‘cake’ each night.

I cannot recommend highly enough and would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank firstrees
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I stayed here for 7 nights in September 2012 on a trip to discover the wildlife & culture of Romania and I was not disappointed. The views from the Villa are absolutely stunning as it is set amongst the most beautiful Carpathian Mountain range in the middle of a National Park, in fact one of the most beautiful places I have ever been! The villa has a lovely large balcony off the dining area overlooking the valley which is a great place to sit of an evening with a cold beer after an amazing day hiking. The bedrooms were roomy, clean and comfortable with a balcony over looking the mountains; all the bedrooms have stunning views. We were well catered for throughout our stay with a delicious variety for fresh home made food served daily, drinks are served with your meal or you can take as you like from the well stocked drinks fridge containing a variety of soft drinks, water and alcohol including wine and a vast range of beers which you pay for upon departure, it is very inexpensive here. The staff are incredibly helpful and pleasant. Our hostess at the Villa was Katarina, who was an inspirational woman at the forefront of Wildlife conservation, her knowledge and passion for Romanian Wildlife especially that of the 3 main carnivores - European brown bear, wolf and Lynx was truly outstanding as well as her love of Romanian culture. We had a guide during our trip that was phenomenal. Katarina organised some trips for us too but you don’t need a guide to discover the beauty of this place just a map, a sturdy pair of hiking boots and a desire to explore. If you are a keen photographer and love Nature like me you will NOT be disappointed, Romania is by far one of the most beautiful places I have visited and an animal lovers paradise (everyone has dogs & cats too, including the villa!). I couldn’t have stayed in more relaxed, safe and comfortable accommodation …… I booked though a specialised tour company so our transfers to and from the airport which is 3 hours away & to different parts of Romania were included however, everywhere seems very easily accessible and there is lots to see a do so I would recommend hiring a car but even if you just explored the surrounding areas to the villa there is more than enough to see and do, the walks are the best I have ever been on, sitting at the top of a mountain on a sunny autumn day, in the middle of a wildflower meadow surrounded by butterflies eating your packed lunch– Priceless!

Room Tip: Due to there being Bears, Wolves etc everyone has dogs all of which are incredibly friendly & well looked after but they do bark & howl though the night, this however wasnt a problem after the first night once you get use to it, it actually became quite relaxing as it echos amongst the mountains - I actually liked this :)
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Hayley P
Reviewed 5 January 2012

What a find! Quite a few friends had Great things to say about Vila Hermani, and we were not disappointed. Delicious meals, exceptionally clean and comfortable rooms with hardwood floors, new furniture and comfortable beds. It's not a fancy 5 star hotel - but something much better... A home away from home. Katerina was lovely, the bear sanctuary tour she gave us informative and the setting breathtakingly beautiful. Our kids enjoyed the fresh air and unhurried pace. Looking for time to return. One note- we have a 4 wheel drive, so the winding mountain roads were no problem even with snow... If you go in winter, make sure you have good snow tires... It's well worth the drive up when you arrive at this wonderful place with a glorious view..

• Stayed: January 2012