“Best Indian around! ”
Review of Shampan 3 Welling

Shampan 3 Welling
Reserve with OpenTable
Shampan 3 Welling is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 56 Restaurants in Welling
Price range: US$13 - US$46
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Recently winning the accolade of Best Restaurant in Outer London Suburbs at the prestigious British Curry Awards, having already won there previously in 2011 and 2014, the Welling site, part of the well-respected Shampan Group, is an intimate and cosy restaurant. Perched on a quiet and unassuming parade, the elegant and contemporary restaurant features a subtly designed dining area with glossy leather banquettes, cosy booths and lovely etchings on the walls – all matched by a vibrant and buzzing ambience. The flavoursome cooking, which leans on the traditional with some modern touches, speaks eloquently for itself.
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

My family and I all love this restaurant and go here for birthdays and special occasions. It's also a lovely place to go as a couple.

The decor is really lovely and not your average indian restaurant. The food is amazing too, really 5 star.

On a personal note, I really love the music there.

Bottom line is that I would go out of my way to visit and would recommend to all my friends.

1  Thank ClaireB1985
Sufian M, Owner at Shampan 3 Welling, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Hello ClaireB,

Thanks for your fab review! It is really nice to read reviews like this one and it makes us happy to know our customers really enjoy visiting Shampan Welling. As you know we have many people visit us to celebrate special occasions such as birthdays and anniversaries.

One thing we are not and that is a 'Curry House' and this is something we pride ourselves upon with the environment and surroundings we have created. Our selection of music fits in with the atmosphere we wish to create.

Thanks for recommending us to all your friends and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

My family and I come to Shampan Welling every Monday(apart from holidays) and we are always treated fantastic and the food is fantastic too, the staff are really attentive and the restaurant is buzzing with a large party and plenty of full tables, don't miss out come on give it a try you won't be disappointed.

Hello Coiley,

As always it is a pleasure seeing you and your family on Monday's. We must be impressing you heaps for you to return again and again. As you are aware the restaurant is always busy and we make sure we look after all of our guests. As long as you enjoy the food we are happy to keep serving you.

See you again soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I have eaten here on many occasions and also have regular takeaways. I always receive a friendly greeting. The food it top notch and would highly recommend it to everyone.

Hello Karen,

Thanks for your fantastic review of Shampan Welling. Glad we were able to impress you yet again. As always it is a pleasure seeing you and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

On arrival we ordered our drinks and 4 poppadums. As we were eating them it became apparent that another poppadum had been given to us in error as there were 5. We didn't want 5 but hey hoe maybe it was an oversight or a just gift regardless we munched through our unwanted poppadom.
I ordered the Prawn Bhauna and it turned up with Massive King Prawns! Not what I ordered again but it was explained that the prawns have changed and thats the size of the prawns now..Instead of a plate filled with loads of tasty prawns I was faced with a few massive bad boys which I don't really like chewing on. But I ate it with my mushroom rice which needed a microscope to detect if any fungi was present!
We asked for the bill and printed on it was 6 X poppadoms. We explained that we only ordered 4 but received 5 and now were being charged for 6! The manager (I believe) said that the system has changed and that the additional poppadoms was for the charge of the dips?? He made no sense what so ever and we just paid the bill and left! I wasn't informed that I had to pay more for dips or asked what dip I wanted ( that I was charged for) I left feeling robbed. The manager should have just erased the charge of the extra poppadom that we never had surely?
I'll never go back and i'll tell you that if you go to Shampan Welling be prepared to be charged for items that you have never ordered or received!

1  Thank Susannedale
Sufian M, Owner at Shampan 3 Welling, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Hi SusanneDale,

Thanks for your review. We are sorry you felt 'robed' and would like to address the points that you have raised.

The prawns that we use in the restaurant for all our prawn dishes are tiger prawns and this is stated on the menu. If your dish was made from king prawns they would have been much larger. If you had raised this issue at the time of being served we would have dealt with it immediately.

Shampan Welling has just had a new EPOS system fitted and as with any new system we are having a few teething problems. In this case it seems the number of poppadoms you ordered was incorrectly logged and we apologise for this. However, as the matter was not brought to our attention at time of the poppadoms arriving at your table it does make it difficult to deal with afterwards.

We did explain the bill to you and at the time you were completely satisfied with the explanation and we don't really understand why you left some negative comments in your review.

Had you brought the matter of additional un-ordered poppadoms to our attention straight away we would have immediately taken them off your bill. With a business such as ours we depend on retaining customers, not annoying them so they do not return.

Again we would like to apologise and fi you would like to discuss with us further please do contact the restaurant via telephone or email. Details on our website.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

This is not the closest Indian to us but it is well worth the drive. The food is excellent, they have a very extensive menu offering meats, fish etc.. Very generous portions. The service is very good and staff friendly and welcoming..

Sufian M, Owner at Shampan 3 Welling, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Hello and thanks for your fantastic review. We realise we have competition but we try and stay true to our roots and dishes. Glad you enjoyed the experience and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Thanks