“Local flavor, gorgeous views, beautiful home, and...”
other travellers have booked this property
Night shot of house- Look at those stars!
Main Deck- 600 feet from the ocean with great oceanview and sunsets The sunsets are magnificent there at the house- they rival Arizona!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Main Deck- 600 feet from the ocean with great oceanview and sunsets
The sunsets are magnificent there at the house- they rival Arizona!
kayaks and boogie boards, in closet on  first floor/great snorkeling 2 minutes from house
My favorite room in the house- airy and breezy and candilibered ceilings
TV area with netflix, dvds,
Kitchen lava bar
View from 600 plus foot deck
House six hundred feet from the ocean
Family room and kitchen
Kitchen has dishwasher plus oceanview
refrigerator and microwave and electric stove
Another TV area shot
Upstairs Master Bedroom/ King bed in there now
Newer photo of upper blue ocean master
View from family room into master
Upstairs Master Bathroom
Upstairs Master Bathroom
Upstairs Second Bedroom/ new queen bed in there a Certa!
Newer photo of upper second bedroom
Upstairs 2nd Bathroom- the fish bathroom
Lower master with bamboo canopy bed
Another shot of lower master
Another view of lower master
Downstairs Bathroom
Another view from the deck
Another deck view from 600 foot deck
Futon is now in lower master and bunkbeds are here
Gameroom  with a  ping pong table, small pool table and air hockey , bar and  ocean toy closet
Queen bed in gameroom/washer and dryer is also here
Queen bed in gameroom
A Two minute walk  from the house there's this wonderful swimming and snorkeling hole
Snorkeling hole and Papa bay where the whales frolic in the winter time
Milolii beach park- this area is down in the village where there are tidepools and a hike to beach
Milolii beach park- drive down Milolii Road to the town and there you hike into Honomolino Beach
Another view of house
Nearby Honomolino Beach- drive into Milolii, park at the community center, hike in 15 minutes to  very private beach...
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

German first
Any
Vicki S
“Local flavor, gorgeous views, beautiful home, and centrally located!”
Reviewed 11 February 2015 for a stay in January 2015

My sisters and I stayed at the Aloha Beach house for 10 days in mid-January. We LOVED every minute! The house is beautifully and fully equipped for quiet stay-at-home days/nights, and beach activities like snorkeling. The view from the 270 degree lanai is simply spectacular, and we were treated to whale sightings and breachings! beyond AWESOME!!!!! We were also there for super high surf with amazing crashing waves. The beach is close, but not good for swimming much of the time due to the surf. There is a great local beach, but it is only accessible after a bit of a hike over the lava rocks. There are numerous beaches that you can drive to for snorkeling and swimming. The central location makes it equally accessible to Kailua-Kona and Hilo. Yes, we did a lot of driving but by planning our sight-seeing and beach trips to be in the same area, we were able to see/do just about everything we hoped to see/do without being overly tired from being on the road. We went all over the island: north to free hula dancing and lei making lessons at Mauna Lani; east to hiking the Mauna Kea caldera and watching the sunset/stargazing at the observatory; east/north to Akaka Falls; west coast shopping in Kailua-Kona; local artisans all over; Greenwell Farms for the best and most informative tour of a coffee plantation. Roads on the big island, including highways, can be quite twisty and slow going. The road between the highway and Milolii is winding with switchbacks, but we didn't find it to be a problem. You just plan your excursions and only go out/in once a day at the most. The biggest treasure is Daniel who greets and takes care of visitors to the house. He is delightful and a wonderful source for best places to visit, eat, and beach whatever your interests. He is quite the historian and gives you the true local flavor of the island. It isn't hard to find the tourist traps, but finding the local treasures was the highlight for our vacation!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Getting the feel of Hawaii from the locals who live there.
Liked least: Having to leave.
Travelling group: Other
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
11 Feb 2015
Thank you for your wonderful review of the house! Waves were phenomenally huge when you were there. Two weeks later Daniel told me they closed all the beaches due to enormous waves. When I am there you can swim right there by the house but that's usually in the summer time, November or April. The house is centrally located for the Big Island since it takes 6 hours to drive around the Big Island. Suzie loved her tip and appreciated how clean you left the house! You were the first to give her a tip and that was really special for her! Daniel is a treasure isn't he- I love how positive he is! Come again! It was a pleasure having you three there. Thanks for treating my dream house with wonderful respect!
Gary G
Franklin
“Need more info”
Reviewed 9 February 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

Nice house but no beach around no stores for food other than a 1/2 hr drive we did not get any info e-mailed to us before we left to come to Hawaii when we arrived at the house at about 14:30 there was nobody there I know it was 3pm check in made a phone call got voice mail we were just leaving we heard a voice be right over I think Dan could of come over earlier let us in it was about 15:30 when he came over

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
9 Feb 2015
Glad you liked the house. I did try and call you and emailed you a couple of time but got no answer plus got an email saying you were on vacation. That's when I would have let you know Daniel's phone number. Also, we always charge for extra people as Hawaiian utilities are outrageous. I am sorry Daniel wasn't as prompt as you would have liked . If I could have got a hold of you you would have had his phone number. Again glad you liked house- beach is in town but you park and hike into it. So its a 5 minute drive and 15 minute hike but I am sure Daniel told you about it. Also, in my previous emails I would have told you that stores are one half hour away. if I forgot I apologize. Hope you had a great trip!
Brian M
“An amazing find on a dorminant lava feild”
Reviewed 27 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

We loved our stay at Cheryl's place! We felt incredibly privileged that she shares her wonderful home.

First, the location: One of the things that the Big Island is known for is its volcanoes and lava. Other than seeing actual flowing lava (which wasn't possible during our stay), one can pretty much experience the same at the seaside house. The house is on actual lava flow and one can see and experience the lava field the community is built upon. In addition, one can see and hear the ocean and the beautiful coastline from the house. There is a small black sand beach less than 20 minutes away as well as another swimming/snorkeling location less than 5 minutes away. In short, the location is beautiful!

Hospitality: Something simple that exemplifies the attention to detail and guest's comfort is the toilet paper. It is excellent quality toilet paper. Other items: an up-to-date 2014 travel guide for the Big Island that we brought with us on our daily excursions, Hawaiian music CDs, DVDs, wifi, kitchen utensils, bowls and everything else you'd need to cook, laundry room, game room, water fun activity stuff...we really couldn't have asked for anything more during our stay.

The process: Cheryl was very responsive to our request to book, even though we contacted her last minute. She is very friendly and answered all of our questions promptly. Her directions were excellent, we had no problem finding the house at night. Daniel is a fount of information.

Other miscellaneous thoughts: the house is a ways away from the main tourist area of Kona, which is great because you can enjoy your stay away from tourists. Also, the house is great value to share with some friends as there are plenty of sleeping places.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Being out of the tourist zone
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Families with young children Large groups
27 Jan 2015
Thank you Brian for your great review! Please come again and spread the word in San Diego!
susan K
Forks, Washington
“Peaceful and beautiful”
Reviewed 17 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

We stayed in the Aloha Beach house the first week of January, what a great start to the new year. It was nice to be off the beaten track but did end up doing a lot of driving (although the road in and out of the house isn't nearly as bad as other reviews make it sound, its nicely paved and you get to enjoy the view on the way down). The kitchen is well equipped and we used the bbq almost every night. The living room could be improved with better lighting (for reading in the evening) and more comfortable seating. Fruity Judy's up the road is a must; delicious avocados and papayas! We also went on a kayak/snorkel trip to Captain Cook memorial with Aloha Kayak Co. which was very fun. We also enjoyed hiking to the local Honomolino Beach, Black sands beach and snorkeling with the turtles as well as 2 step near City of Refuge was an awesome snorkeling area. We ate almost all our meals at the house, but we did try out Super J's and had yummy pork lau lau lunches. Overall it was a really great place to stay and everyone had a good time :) Mahalo!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was exactly like advertised.
Liked least: Living room couch was a little uncomf. and the LR was a little crowded if 5 all wanted to all sit.
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
18 Jan 2015
Thanks for your great review Sue! Come again! I will check out the lighting in living room to see what I can do about that the next time I am there. Unfortunately the couch is a hide abed so it's comfortable when you stretch out- the chaise lounge is great there. I really appreciate your comment about the road down to the house - it is curvey but paved but its got like the best view on the whole island of the Pacific Ocean in my opinion. Come again! I appreciate your kind review!!!
keithmani...
Thousand Oaks, California
“Quiet, clean and spacious rental away from the crowds”
Reviewed 1 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014

We had a lovely time at this location, the house itself was very spacious and clean and the deck was simply amazing. The location is well away from the crowds and we had no trouble getting around from this point. The location is a bit barren, not the lush tropical locations we've stayed in previously but it was a nice change. If you are looking for peace and quiet, this is the place. The access road is a bit of challenge, a steep and twisty few miles that I am honestly glad not to have to drive any more but it was not bad enough to spoil the trip in any way. We went to the Place of Refuge for snorkeling, which is only a relatively short drive north and is excellent. On our last day we went to Hookena which is very close and it seemed to be really nice too though we didn't swim there. If we'd been there longer, I would have gone there again. We ate at Annies which is about 20 miles north which was great, and also at Teshimas, a mile further north of Annies, busy but good. While there is not a big market close by before getting to the house from the airport, there is a good sized market (and gas station) a bit further south at the 77 mile marker that we would recommend and that we wished we had known about in advance as it is very convenient. Everyone we dealt with was very kind and helpful.

Your age range 35-49
2 Jan 2015
Thank you for your good review of the house! I appreciate that! As you said the deck is probably one of the best features of the house. I will tell people in the future about mile marker 77's supermarket and gas station- I assume you mean Malama market. Yes, I love the location but it isn't the typical palm tree white sand beach; house is on an old lava flow- I find the black lava against the blue ocean spectacular. There is a steep, curvy but paved road to the house but compared to driving in Los Angeles and San Diego, it's not bad! I love the panoramic view of the ocean- i think it's one of the best ones on the island even better than Waipo Valley! Please come again! Friends and family of yours will get a discount . Thanks again for renting the house! It was a pleasure doing business with you!
Bev A
Melbourne, Australia
“Great place to relax and enjoy the peace”
Reviewed 17 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014

We stayed for seven days and found it very comfortable and had everything we needed, including snorkelling gear. The beds were very comfortable too. It was great to return each day to enjoy the peacefulness of the location. Daniel, the property manager was very friendly and helpful. He has a really good knowledge of the area. We really enjoyed our time there

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The comfort and space.
Liked least: The windy road leading to it
Travelling group: Friends
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
29 Dec 2014
Thank you Bev for trying 6 times to put in this review- I appreciate that! So glad your trip was great! You captured house in a nutshell! Please come again!
italianfo...
Enterprise, Oregon
“Peace & Quiet with beautiful ocean views”
Reviewed 15 December 2014 for a stay in November 2014

I stayed at the Aloha Beach House with my partner for over a month in Fall of 2014. We found the house to be attractive, comfortable and well-equipped. The main part of the house consists of a large living-dining-kitchen space and two bedrooms, each with a bath. We spent nearly all of our time on the large North-facing deck adjacent to the living area. The view is expansive and the sunsets were spectacular.

For us it was a great location. We used it as a home base and spent several days at a time traveling to other parts of the Island. I did not realize in advance that there was no beach within walking distance of the house. It was about an hour from the house to go snorkeling or swimming. I guess there is a small public beach in Miloli‘i Village, but it did not seem very inviting. There is another beach that you can hike to, but I never did so, I can't comment on it. We used lots of beach gear (snorkels, fins, water shoes, boogie boards, etc.) which was in good condition and easy to access.

All the household equipment, including the grill, worked fine. Because the house is on a lava field and quite remote from any urban area, the water system is unusual. Water is collected from the roof and stored in a large tank for household use. There is bottled water for drinking & cooking. It was not a problem & Daniel made sure we had plenty of bottled water.

Cheryl was very responsive and easy to work with. Her local manager, Daniel, was great -- very helpful.

We would definitely go back and maybe stay for an even longer time!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
15 Dec 2014
Thank you for your great review!- I hope you guys come back and stay for an even longer time!! I love staying 30 plus days at this house in the summer! Or whenever! If you would do this same review on vrbo I would love that! Honomolino is worth a vist next time you come. Drive into the sleepy village of Milolii, park at the community center and hike 15 minutes into a beautiful beach. That's why I changed the name from Aloha Beach House to Fantastic Sunsets at Makai Hideaway cuz there's a great swimming and snorkeling hole by house a two minute walk but there really isn't a beach. hooekena beach is aout 35 minutes away and is a good one and Punuluu beach also is about 45 minutes away.Again you guys were a pleasure to have in the house 35 days or 36 and Daniel had nothing but wonderful things to say about you! Please spread the word in Oregon!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing