I was lucky enough to have known West House before its conversion, and I can only say that Christine and Grayson have restored it to a standard way beyond anything I had imagined. Our short visit was perfect in every way, and the relaxed informality of our hosts added to the charm of staying in this very special listed building. The accommodation in the four poster room was both comfortable and luxurious, the breakfasts freshly cooked and delicious and the friendliness and local knowledge of our hosts a bonus. As was the fresh milk always available for us to use. It is possible to walk around some of the beautiful estate and we managed to get to the private beach, though this does need to be approached with caution, sensible shoes and determination. It is difficult to add anything to the good reviews already written, but for anyone wanting a very quiet stay in a beautiful part of the world, then West House is for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We look forward to welcoming you to our wonderful home in East Devon. We have sympathetically renovated it with love and care over the past 5 years and believe we have achieved the right balance between its Victorian heritage and modern comfort and convenience. West House has elegant and comfortable bedrooms, beautifully furnished, and equipped with tea and coffee-making facilities, TV, hairdryer, free wireless internet access. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Allhallows b&b @ West House Hotel Rousdon
- Allhallows Bed And Breakfast @ West House
- Allhallows B&B @ West House Lyme Regis/Rousdon, Dorset