“Excellent time and fishing”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lower Lakes

Lower Lakes
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Excellent time and fishing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Me and mt husband stayed at lower lakes 7th July to the 18 th July, first week we stayed in birch with the hot tub, which was amazing loved it, then we stayed in the snug, for the next week my husband caught so many beautifull carp in amazing condition, he even caught the ghost carp which has never been caught we were told, I just think if the snug had a hot tub it would be perfect all round, as would please both my hubby and me then,hot tub for me fishing for hubby,

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Samantha A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

clean, comfortable cabin

Husband very much enjoyed the fishing - I very much enjoyed reading my book in the peaceful setting of lower lakes

Dog had a lovely time wouldnt get back in the car to come home!

Want to return .

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Margaret S
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We arrived here mature new weds and looking forward to a weekend away from business and excited to spend some quality relaxing time as a couple and made sure we booked a lodge with a hot tub. I stumbled on the lower lakes lodge by my search via the internet and it looked just what we both needed after a very expensive and stressful wedding day..upon arrival we was met by the owners mum who was a lovely lady who run through everything and gave us a mobile number should we experience a problem.. We settled in and immediately hit the hot tub with a bottle of bubbly and it was just nice to chill out.. I did notice however that the force of the hot tub was a little unpredictable but nevertheless it was a pleasant evening. The next day we decided to stay at the lodge to relax and take full advantage of the hot tub.. We did but I was immediately drawn to the fact that the force of the jets was poor.. We sat on the decking and just enjoyed the quietness which we don't often get in our busy lifestyles .. That evening we decided to watch the sun set in the hot tub but it was hardly any force from the jets and it was cold !! By this time it was almost 10pm so I decided not to call the owners mum and I would call her the following morning... I did just that and she tried her hardest (bless her) but she openly admitted that she didn't know what she was doing and they often have issues with this hot tub and as she added more water this made the hot tub even colder and we just couldn't sit in it at all .. I was so dissatisfied I decided to air my grievance on checking out but the young lad (Sam I think ) insulted me by offering me a bottle of cheap wine.. What an insult.. This was our honeymoon and we cannot get that time back and I feel very disgruntled at that fact, moreso that it's now almost three months and dispute several emails asking for a relay to my complaint they don't even have the decency to acknowledge my complaint.. I find that very rude and just shows how disinterested they are in their customers comments .. Cash and go away policy I think here .. I do invite the manager to comment on my comments on here.. Perhaps I will finally have a response to my justified complaint. Do yourself a favour and book through hoseasons which we have done in the past and have never experienced a problem.. Lodges are ok.. Not luxury at all.. Basic and in a very remote area..no local pubs you can walk to for food .. Book with caution ..

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Southwalesjrthomas
Wickford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stumbled accross Lower Lakes simply by fluke when google searching a log cabin holiday in the UK. I had searched on several different occasions and hadn't seen it.

We decided to go with friends and spend a weekend here.

WOW! What a place......

The spa was a really nice added touch.

You really couldn't ask for a better location too.

Relaxing and peaceful..

Would definately attend again.

I would recommend to the owners to remove the cob webs located on the outside of the lodge (none inside I must add). If your like me, and don't like spiders, then it can be a bit scary.

I do understand that this is in the County, in a field, by a lake, however, some of them were like cargo nets and the inhabitants of these were HUGE.

I also did not like that you had to remove bed sheets and clean the lodge yourself on the day of leaving. It wasn't cheap to stay here, not what I would call expensive, but still not cheap......

There was also a big thing about the bins and recycling, but the different coloured containers (as stated on several different notices) were nowhere to be found. We found them in the end, by the gates at the exit (when we drove out the gates on our way home), which means they had not been distributed to the lodges as they should have been.

Despite these comments, I would definately stay again as it was very nice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
markjill10
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Having just got back after a fantastic week at Lower Lakes, I would like to let you know that this is an excellent place to stay. The log cabin was immaculate and has everything you need for a fantastic time. The hot tub was great, best late in the evening taking in the sunset. will definitely be looking to go back.

• Stayed June 2014
Kinrooi, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

We've been at Lower Lakes for 5 nights. The lodge was big enough, beds were really good and the lodge was very well equipped. Close to Bridgwater, where you can do your groceries and have a lovely lunch/diner at Prezzo. Good place to visit sites in and around Bridgwater (Stonehenge/Glastonbury). Definitely a place to recommend if you want peace and quiet where you stay and be able to have a night's out without driving to far.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Bodmin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

We had originally booked only 4 nights, but we we're fortunate enough to stay a further two in this beautiful tranquil part of Somerset. We didn't want to leave and hope to be back soon. The staff were very helpful and friendly which puts you at ease straight from the outset. The most relaxing holiday we have had together, even Freddie our Westie enjoyed every moment.

Room Tip: Thoroughly recommend the Aspen lodge, great access to lake for fishing.