Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Destinia.com
Priceline
ZenHotels.com
StayForLong
All reviews health resort tai chi daily activities night stay beautiful resort detox wellness consultant retreat physio nutritionist holistic privacy thai goals sauna bangkok
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 August 2011

This was my second visit to chiva som. In the first time I thought they never could be better. This time I was really impressed of the very small little tiny details they take care of. I have been to many health resorts in the past 5years trying to lose wight, C.S. is the most expensive one BUT it is the most and most worth it one. There is value for every single peni I payed there. I really can not wait to go back in my next vacation.

Date of stay: July 2011
3  Thank Hamadqatar
Reviewed 7 July 2011

As far as spas go, I found the lack of pretension very refreshing, as it had remarkably friendly, easy-going staff, from my health advisor to my various massage and wellness practioners. I also liked the fact that the fitness instructors offered pretty good workouts, but never pushed anybody in the general classes to go above their limits. The Saturday BBQ was actually fantastic, and the Thai food (though a little light on spice, which can be remedied with condiments) was fresh and delicious. The common area is quite pretty, as is the spa and pool.

THe only thing I did not personally go for was the encouragement not to leave. Though this spa has everything, and its well balanced, and the teas they serve are addictive, If I am traveling to a new place, I like to explore. They do offer a cooking class that allows people to hit the local market, but it is an extra charge, and they do have busses that go to the local night market and downtown, which does have a couple of fun shoe stores. However, by the hotel on weekends, there is a terrific and very upscale local event with live jazz called Cicada Market that sells high quality crafts and fashion accessories at good prices--not as cheap as the Night Market, but the prices are excellent for the quality you get and the shopping environment is great. There is also a nice local temple used by hotel staffers.

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
6  Thank LIquidLIvingEditor
Reviewed 1 July 2011

I was feeling rundown and needed to get my energy back on track- Chiva Som surpassed my expectations in every respect. From the moment you arrive and meet the pleasant Thai staff you feel comfortable. Exercise classes on every hour , from Yoga, Pilates , Aqua Robics , to mediation and spa activities- something for everyone , as little or as much as you want to do is available. The food was amazing- fresh , healthy , tasty , no fat , no sugar , guilt free eating - I gave up wine , and dont feel the need to drink since having my 'cut the cravings ' treatment! Loved the pool , the beachside location, the ambience , and overall friendliness of the place- you could easily go solo and have a great time in this perfect sanctury- Very hard to go back to the real world!
Only negative ( being honest) the beach front rooms are not large and if sharing they are a bit tight, the bathrooms are nice but a bit dated, but really these details just don't matter once you are there trying to work out what you want to do to enjoy yourself. A Fabulous place and Ill be back!

Room tip: Sea - view room v nice - a bit small .
Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank walker_krisi
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Thought I’d share my wonderful experience at Chiva Som was. I’ve been back nearly a month and sadly any Zen like calm has evaporated. Oh well!
It was an amazing experience. I can’t speak highly enough about the accommodation, the staff and the food!
The rooms were amazing and they even gave me a late checkout in a gorgeous suite for free!
Food to die for. Don’t go to detox as you would miss out on the wondrous food. So much delicious but healthy fare.
Staff wonderful and classes great. You get about $500 extra to spend on top of your daily massages on anything from Botox to crystal therapy.
Negatives well the drive! It well and truly 3 hours from Bangkok and I didn’t get into my room till 3 am Australian time. Private car the way to go. On a coach it would have been a night mare.
Really quite scary busy busy highway. If I go again which I plan to do. I would stay overnight at the Sofitel near the airport and go to Chiva Som next morning.
The beach is pretty ordinary too but I live near th best beaches.
All up I cant wait to go back!

8  Thank Kate B
Reviewed 20 April 2011

Chiva Som is the most amazing place - from the moment I was picked up from the Bangkok airport I felt very looked after and nurtured - it was everything that I was looking for as a retreat where I could replenish my body and soul. One of the stand-out features for me is the staff. They really are delightful and make the Chiva Som experience special. Another amazing aspect of Chiva Som is the food. It was delicious and I always felt very satisfied, despite the fact I did not touch coffee, alcohol, dessert, and many other things that I tend to eat a lot of and love on holiday (wine, bread dripping in olive oil, cheese etc). I even lost a few kilos and become so virtuous over the course of a week that I took my own food for the flight to London (made by Chiva Som!). September is apparently traditionally quiet and it lived up to that reputation - the group classes were always small (6 people or under) and two of the classes I attended become private (I was the only attendee) which resulted in some unique and amazing experiences (yoga and meditation). I loved being able to float about in my Chiva Som provided cotton PJs, makeup free, technology free, attending yoga and mediation in the morning, partaking of some hard cardio around lunch time and having a massage in the afternoon. It really was blissful. My only constructive criticism is that the gym equipment felt a little dated, the gym itself was so hot, the room I had would feel cramped for a couple (perfect for a single, with a wonderful view), and the beach is underwhelming even for walking. Minor issues. Regardless, it is a wonderful experience and I can't wait to go back.

Date of stay: September 2010