“Really good food & friendly people” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Sud - CLOSED

Le Sud
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Suffolk, United Kingdom
“Really good food & friendly people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

It's been a while since we ate here, but we have eaten here on many occasions and never been disappointed. My parents live in the village and during the summer we house swapped and we ate here on both Sundays. The menu was great, we had more traditional French starters and "puds" but opted for the roast beef main coarse both times. We sat outside in the sunshine at lunchtime and the service was excellent. Beryl was really, really helpful and very friendly. Our French being patchy to say the least it was very nice to be able to relax and not be too stressed by the ordering process. The food is delicious and there is plenty of it. Nothing was too much trouble. There was a huge bonus of being entertained by the red squirrels playing around the War Memorial too. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend anyone else to eat at Le Sud.

• Visited June 2012

east sussex
“Great value and good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013 via mobile

I came here with friends, one who lives in Bonnes. 13 euros for 5 courses including wine and coffee. Typical ' working man's ' restaurant - simple food at reasonable prices and very tasty. Service fine and friendly. Highly recommended!

Visited April 2013
Stoney Stanton, United Kingdom
“Super food and hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

My second time in the bar Le Sud and it was amazing , they were very busy and I mean busy but were only to happy to find me a table and the food was super , I must praise the chef I think I heard his name was Chris the t bone I had was fault less and the charming lady front of house I now know to be his wife was also very helpful with some guidance on some questions I asked her completely nothing to so with their business , thanks and I will be back as soon as my little hire car can bring me .

St Laurent des Combes
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great sunday lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013

We are a family of four including 2 young boys and decided to treat ourselves to a roast dinner at Le Sud.......we were not disappointed! On entering the bar there was a warm welcome and a choice of the usual French beverages along with some real ale and cider. The menus on offer were 16,50 & 23,50. Both looked good and we decided on the 16,50. For the boys they offered a small roast dinner which was perfect. We were all served a soup starter which was absolutely delicious and we followed this with chicken skewer with a satay sauce. Our roast beef mains arrived with giant yorkshire puddings, roasties, veg and a choice of horseradish or mustard! We could not any of the food or service and even managed to find room for one of the best cafe gourmands I've ever eaten!!! The childrens meals including soup starter and desserts came to a very reasonable 6 euros each and all told including aperos, carafe of wine and coffees the whole bill was less than 60 euros. Needless to say, this will not be our last visit!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bedders16
Maidstone, Kent
“Don't bother”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2012

Been here a couple of times and whilst the food is passable, the staff- especially the owners are well below par. The last time we went there we were with a large party of friends off season (some locals). The merriment commenced, drinks, laughter, etc until BANG! one of the chairs collapsed under one of our friends. Thinking it may be his weight we let it go although after the third time of this happening and someone nearly hitting their head against the wall we decided enough was enough to be told that there was nothing they could do about it. The problem we were told that they were cheap chairs and these things happened! After getting slightly more agitated about this the owner came out and said it was the way it was - no apology, no offers of complimentary drinks - nothing. We all felt that if they had at least offered a carafe of wine or something it would have been ok as these things happen. All of us either live there or are holiday home owners. Never again...........

• Visited June 2012