“Wonderful stay - we'll be back”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Cavan House

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Traditional farmhouse kitchen with modern appliances.  The Aga cooker warms the heart of the home
Spacious dining room, complete with wood burning stove is perfect for entertaining up to 10 guests
Large living room with open fire, wifi, digital TV & DVD is perfect for relaxing after a busy day
An open fire to enjoy with your feet up
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Lynsey W
Clitheroe, England, United Kingdom
“Wonderful stay - we'll be back”
Reviewed 7 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017

Five of us were lucky enough to stay here after a problem with our original booking and a last minute cancellation at Cavan House. Our group included my parents who had a room each, my husband and I as well as our 6 month old baby.

I was a little nervous because I had only booked the night before but I needn't have worried. As soon as I booked I received a message from Jill confirming everything and totally putting my mind at ease that the house was equipped for a baby.
When we arrived we were totally astounded by the place. It is beautifully decorated by the owners. They have fantastic taste. My mum was marvelling all the time we were there by how everything is put together so well. It was Halloween when we visited and the house was even decorated with pumpkins, a lovely touch.

Besides the look of the house it is also really well equipped with an Aga in the kitchen which means the kitchen is toasty and warm in the morning and a utility room which could pass as a kitchen in most homes!

There is a bbq and an outside eating area which we did not use as it was October when we visited. Games and toys for children and plenty of outside space. Jill even came to drop off more blankets for our baby on our first night.
Bedding and linen were clean and comfortable and the house was generally very clean.

We didn't go into Rathfriland much but there are a few shops so it looks great for a mooch and a small supermarkey. We will be back so will definitely get to know the rest of the area more next time we visit.
All in all a wonderful stay. Thank you Cavan House

I've left lots of photos with my review basically because I took lots to send to friends back home because I couldn't believe how nice it was and to make them jealous!

janeywoo8...
“I fell in love...”
Reviewed 5 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

My husband and I stayed in Cavan House along with 6 other friends in the lead up to a family wedding that we drove down to Dublin for (from UK). I can not praise this place enough because I literally fell in love with it as soon as I walked through the door...actually before then - I fell in love as we started down the driveway to the house: tree and garden lined as it was.

The house itself is gorgeous, from the original wooded floors, the big iron radiators, roll top bath, big open fire places, shabby chic furniture to the stunning views from every angle, the farm cats prowling around and the cosy sitting room. At one point I had a spare hour and I just sat by a window romantically gazing out imagining I was in a Jane Austin novel...

To say I liked this place is an understatement. I can’t say enough nice things! Outside you have glorious views, you can walk around some of the close by farm houses and there’s a table and chairs that I imagine are lovely to sit out in on a summers night (not so much at the end of September!).

I can’t wait to find an excuse to go back!

Maggie O
“Beautiful family getaway ”
Reviewed 31 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

We wanted somewhere close to travel to from the Belfast area for my dad's 80 th birthday celebrations when I came across Cavan House on-line and I am so very glad I did.
The house was really comfortable and spacious and very homely and beautifully decorated throughout . We spent a weekend there and only needed to leave the house to visit shops in nearby Rathfriland for newspapers , ice cream etc. and to stretch our legs walking the nearby country lanes.
Kids and adults alike spent hours playing hide & seek in the house & grounds and go karted happily around and we had swingball and rounders contests on the lawn as well.There was also Sky tv and wi fi .
There was a gas barbeque on the lovely external patio area and great internal kitchen facilities too.
The bathroom was huge and had a great shower and there was an additional toilet downstairs which was very useful. All the bedrooms were a good size and lovely fresh bed linen.
The host Jill was very helpful during the booking and planning process and we were greeted with a lovely welcoming basket of goodies ( cake, scones, prosecco etc.) as well as the beautiful big open fire being set and ready to light .
I will definitely be recommending this fabulous place to friends and family .

Management Response
1 Aug 2017
Thank you so much for your kind words. Delighted you all had an enjoyable stay. Thanks again and you are all welcome anytime! Great guests xx
Katherine...
“Lovely lovely place!”
Reviewed 2 October 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

A mixed group of us stayed at this beautiful house in July while we attended an event locally. Large enough to be comfortable but with a lovely cosy feel it was just like home from home. Loved cooking on the Aga and curling up on the massive sofa to chill. Jill was fabulous, nothing was too much trouble!
Hope to stay again soon!

CarlyRyou...
“Perfect getaway ”
Reviewed 21 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

We recently stayed at Cavan house with the family. The house is full of character and is a home away from home. The house is spacious and decor is beautiful. Cavan house has all the amenities for self catering guests.

Cavan house is 5 minutes from local shops and 20 minutes to Newcastle, by car.

The host Jill is very friendly and gave us a very warm welcome. Jill was only a phone call away if we needed anything.

As a family we were very impressed with the property and host and will definitely return for another stay.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing