Cairndoon Byre
US$93
Castlewigg Caravan Park(Whithorn)(Great Value!)
US$17
Pitchup.com
The Downshire Hotel(Portpatrick)
US$133
  • Breakfast included
Bank of Fleet Hotel(Gatehouse of Fleet)(Great Value!)
US$93
Murray Arms(Gatehouse of Fleet)
US$126
The Crown Hotel(Newton Stewart)
US$106
Bruce Hotel(Newton Stewart)(Great Value!)
US$86
The Selkirk Arms Hotel(Kirkcudbright)
US$131
US$326
  • Breakfast included
The Market Inn Hotel(Castle Douglas)
US$113
All reviewsnext morningbeautiful locationlocal areaadriandotbedaccommodationviews
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Needed some where close to Monreith for an over night stay. Found this B & B.
If you are any where near say within 30 miles radius,don`t look for anywhere else.
Just make the journey here, you will not be disappointed. Its worth the extra journey.
What made it even more worthwhile for us is that Dot & Adrian came from our area,
( Yorkshire) prior to moving here. We just chattered about all the places and people we knew.
Get Adrian to show you the photos of what the place was like when they bought it.
You will be amazed at the transformation the pair of them have made to the place.
I have stayed in hundreds of different places over 40 yrs on the road. I would place this in my top five,and that includes places to stay all over Europe & the USA.
The fact Adrian & Dot did over 95% of the work themselves, shows in the passion & care for the whole place and especially their guests . You will be treat like old friends even though you have only just met for the first time. Forget the plastic palaces and big chains, where they don`t even remember your name even if you booked for next day. This is a real gem.

Room Tip: No need all the rooms have fantastic views,and excellent facilities.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
dotty468, Owner at Cairndoon Byre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Hi Thanks for taking the time to give us a fantastic review perhaps we will see you again sometime you will be most welcome.
Cheers for now
Adrian

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Just returned from a lovely overnight stay at the Cairndoon Byre. On our arrival we were given a very friendly and warm welcome by the owners, Dot and Adrian. The whole place was spotlessly clean and very tastefully decorated. Our bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in and we were presented with all you could want for breakfast! I just loved this place and will have no hesitation in making a booking here any time we are in the area. Will gladly recommend to anyone. Thank you Dot and Adrian!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
dotty468, Owner at Cairndoon Byre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Thank you very much for your wonderful review, We are happy you enjoyed your stay & hope to see you both again in the future,
kind regards Dot & Adrian,

Reviewed 23 August 2017

This place is just the best! Fantastic accommodation, lovely comfy bed, great views, peaceful setting, and hosts, Dot and Adrian made the stay even better. I can most definitely recommend a stay here. So many things to see in the local area, we only scratched the surface, and we will be back!

Room Tip: Disabled en suite room on ground floor is spacious and well laid out
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
dotty468, Owner at Cairndoon Byre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Hi
Thanks for taking the time to give us a great review, perhaps we will see you again sometime, you will be most welcome.
Take care
Adrian

Reviewed 30 April 2017

Stayed 2 nights at Cairndoon Byre and it is excellent! Very modern, comfortable rooms and breakfast second to none! Very clean and owners very welcoming. Whatever your length of stay I would recommend this accommodation and I will be returning when I can.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Debbiet30417
dotty468, Owner at Cairndoon Byre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Many thanks for your great review
It would be nice to welcome you again to our B&B
Regards
Adrian & Dot

Reviewed 7 April 2017

I stayed at the Cairndoon Byre B & B for one night while working after a long, long day. The owners were extremely welcoming and full of help about where to eat and drink in the local area. They showed me to the room. I don't think I have stayed in a cleaner room which was so well decorated. The view was magnificent and obviously not overlooked at all.
The bed was a foam mattress which was incredibly comfortable, with crisp, clean sheets. The next morning I went for a walk and they gave me some ideas where to go and told me to look out for the Isle of Man. I only went as far as the Cairndoon Seat but cleared a few cobwebs out along the way.
My office had booked the room directly with the B&B, however I know they are now taking bookings through Booking.com as well.
Well worth the money and I would definitely recommend to you. The breakfast was fantastic too!! Brilliant.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Phil A
atd468, Owner at Cairndoon Byre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Thanks for taking the time to write us a great review, hope to see you again sometime.