We stayed from 29th August - 2nd September 2013 for my sister's wedding, during our stay we stayed in Miri Mawr & Bran both were lovely rooms, lovely individual touches, both bathrooms were gorgeous - never had time to have a bath in the lovely roll top bath though :-( we stayed in the Caban on our last night which was lovely & something I would recommend to anyone looking for something a bit different! We all had a get together by the yurts on the Friday night before the wedding, yurts are gorgeous & individually unique! On the Sunday night before everyone left we all gathered in the garden at one of the cottages, the area surrounding Craig Wen is stunning, amazing estuary & mountain views, campsite in various fields looked very good & people camping only had good things to say. John & Sarah were very welcome & accommodating with all the comings & goings of family & friends over the weekend (my husband & I took over the breakfast room to do the favours for their wedding!) Breakfasts were lovely with home made bread, locally sourced ingredients & self serve section, honesty fridge was a great idea! I bought the toiletries (in rooms/cottages) for myself & my mum before we left which are lovely & relaxing.
I'm sure this will be a place that my sister & brother in law will return to time & time again & would recommend it to anyone visiting the Dolgellau area, would definitely stay again when back in Wales.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the Snowdonia mountains and Mawddach Estuary from our stylish, four star Bed and Breakfast accommodation in Snowdonia National Park. All rooms have modern en suite facilities and an eclectic mix of vintage furnishings and modern classics. Two rooms, Bran and Miri Mawr, have stunning estuary views and all our guests can enjoy the breathtaking scenery from our communal Caban room and day lounge. Relax over a drink from the honesty bar on the terrace or choose a cosy window seat. The former Victorian slate cutting shed has had a 21st century make-over with slate floors, bespoke furniture, massive wooden beams and warm Welsh rugs. You can walk directly through our wild woods and meadows to the Mawddach Trail, as seen on BBC Countryfile and Julia Bradbury's Railway Walks.All rooms have free wifi and flat screen TV/DVD players. Seren is a a ground floor room with accessible wet room. Sidan can be set up as a twin room but we do not have any family rooms and welcome children aged 10 years and over to our B&B. There are self-catering lets adjoining which are suitable for families.We welcome dogs and have 2 friendly dogs ourselves. The Slate Shed has a relaxed, friendly atmosphere and we enjoy helping you make the most of your time in Snowdonia National Park. There are many excellent local pubs and restaurants within 5 minutes drive or a beautiful hour long walk along the estuary. Bike hire is available for you to pedal to the pub! Dolgellau, Barmouth, miles of sandy beaches, Cadiar Idris, Portmerion, Coed y Brenin biking centre and Harlech castle are close by. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and PitchUp so you can book your The Slate Shed B &B at Graig Wen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Slate Shed b &b At Graig Wen Hotel Arthog
- The Slate Shed Bed And Breakfast At Graig Wen
- The Slate Shed B &B At Graig Wen Arthog, Wales