“5 star!!”
Review of Clunelly House

and 1 more site!
Clunelly House
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Sheila and George (the owners) are lovely people!! They made us feel so welcome!! A couple of friends and I were attending a wedding in the red castle hotel which was only five minutes away (and more than twice the price!) and we needed a place to stay. the house is very well sign posted and easy to find! When we first pulled up the first thing we noticed was the beautiful view!! The house has a beautiful decor and is large and brightly lit! George immediately welcomed us and showed us to our room overlooking the lough, and it was just to our taste! It was large and beautifully decorated! It even had curling tongs and hairspray ready waiting for us!! Including a large en suite which is what you definitely need for 3 women!! To top it all they even drove us to the hotel for the wedding!! I couldn't have been happier with the stay! The breakfast the next morning was great too! With the choice of fruit, cereal or a delicious big fry up!! When we were leaving Sheila gave us each a great big hug! Like we were her family! They are just lovely people!! If you stay here you will not be disappointed!! My friends and I agree we will definitely be back!! Thank you George and Sheila!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fiona M

Reviewed 3 September 2012

We were greeted warmly (a kiss on each cheek and a hug) from Sheila as if we were long, lost relatives. She and George offered to make us tea and we accepted after our long drive. They sat us in their kitchen and treated us to tea and treats while we chatted. Then we saw our room...that is when I told my daughter that I wanted Sheila and George to adopt me and that she would have to go back home without me :o)
Sheila has given that special touch to the decor, the furnishings, bedspreads, pillows, etc. The polished hardwood floors, luxurious carpeting, the large, sparkling bathroom, and decorations made the room delightful. Ocean views were so pretty. We were able to open the bedroom windows and enjoy the sound of birds in the yard. I relaxed in the welcoming easy chair with my feet up in the evening and felt so at home here. So peaceful!
Our hosts recommended that we take the hour drive (there and back) to Malin Head, northernmost point in Ireland, and we were so glad we did. What a view. At the top of the point there was a mobile coffee vendor who served us hot coffee and conversation. It will be a special memory for us.
We were their only guests that night (after being overwhelmed with plenty of guests beforehand) so we had the glassed-in dining room to ourselves in the morning for our home-cooked meal--yum.
Can't say enough about this B&B. The home and the hosts will make your stay memorable!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Clunelly House is a beautiful B&B....The place is very quiet and Sheila and George are two fantastic people...The room was very clean and tidy and the breakfast very very good and plentiful...I recommend this B&bB..Thanks Sheila and George

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Sheila's warm welcome with hugs and cakes and tea swept us off our feet as soon as we arrived at Clunelly House. It is is a beautiful house in a great location. We loved our large, luxurious and spic-and-span room and the views from the windows. It made a perfect base for us to attend the Clonmany Festival to watch the High Kings perform, and to take in the gorgeous Five Strands Beach and the spectacular Malin's Head.

The wonderfully cheerful breakfast room and the cheerful serving of it by George while Sheila cooked gave us a great start to the next day!

We are so glad we chose to stay here, and would unhesitatingly recommend it to anyone visiting the Inishowen Peninsula.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2012

_________________________________

George & Sheila were great hosts. We were able to book a room at short notice. Great location just half an hr from malin head. Yummy breakfast. Thanks guys. _________________________________

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Myself and my friend Ann-Marie stayed here the August Bank Holiday weekend 2012 for 3 nights. We really enjoyed our stay at Clunelly House our room was really big with two double beds (amazingly comfy beds) and an ensuite the room also had a view of Lough Foyle. I Can not fault it at all but what really made our stay was Sheila and George. They are by far the nicest, friendliest, most sincere couple I have ever met and we were really sad to say goodbye I could of definately stayed a bit longer!

I guarantee you, that you will not find better service in any 4 star or 5 star hotel. They go above and beyond for their guests, Sheila even gave us a lift from the B&B to the Hotel where our friends wedding was on and again the next day. The breakfast is really good too!

Sheila and George definately give the warmest welcome in Ireland you have to go and see for yourself! Thanks Sheila & George :-)

Jessica & Ann- Marie x

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2012

My friend & I stayed here for 3 nights while attending our friends Wedding in the near by Redcastle Hotel. What can I say - well I've nothing bad to say, put it that way! Sheila and George are one of the nicest, most friendliest couples I have met. Don't hesitate in booking in for a stay! The service we received wouldn't be received in a 4 star hotel! We Love Sheila & George!!

Smiles From,

Ann-Marie & Jess (Dublin)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ann-Marie C

Been to Clunelly House? Share your experiences!