My Fiancée and I booked 6 rooms with Homewood Park in October last year, however due to an error in moving to a new booking system with new owners (Longleat), they lost our reservations and we were not able to put the bridal party and parents up for our wedding, which we only discovered a week before the wedding, with no way to rectify this with Homewood as the rooms had been given away.
However, putting this aside the subsequent customer service we received was excellent. Sam and Zoe on reception had spent most of the afternoon trying to find us rooms at the sister hotels. By this time I was looking to save some money, so elected to book a local Premier Inn instead.
I received a personal apology that evening from Martin, the hotel's General Manager, who was able to give us the required Garden Room for our wedding night at the hotel's compliments.
We arrived to a warm welcome at 01:00 in the morning, where we were shown to our room in the Garden, finding a complimentary bottle of champagne in the room, The Garden Room was spacious, well laid out and finished to a fantastic level.
However the underfloor heating and lack of air conditioning meant the room was very warm and we had an uncomfortable sleep. However, there are doors to the garden which could have been opened which we did not notice due to a long day and just wanting to crash.
In the morning the breakfast was good quality and the service was friendly and attentive without being in your face.
I wish we had the longer planned stay but found the one night met what we needed, and are thankful that the Homewood team tried their best once the screw-up was discovered. I accept this was a one off thing and would recommend for any quiet getaways.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Homewood park Hotel & Spa A luxury hotel country house hotel in Bath with a warm and welcoming fusion of the contemporary and the classic. Set in 10 acres of mature parklands and award-winning gardens with gorgeous views over of the beautiful Limpley Stoke valley, Homewood Park is delightfully rural and peaceful, making it a great hotel in Bath. Step inside and you will find the house still retains many of its original features, including exposed wooden floors, antique paintings and roaring log fires, all artfully combined with stylish modern furnishings, fabrics and finishes. During your stay, you can also enjoy our luxury hotel spa which includes a hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room and heated outside swimming pool. Our award winning restaurant provides fine dining at the highest quality, another great reason to stay at Homewood Park. The result of this, is a great Bath hotel with a refreshing fusion of the conventional and contemporary cool and chic We are certainly very happy to accommodate and cater for children of all ages. We are also a pet-friendly hotel and for a small fee we are delighted to welcome your dog. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Park Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Park Hotel Hinton Charterhouse
- Homewood Park Hotel And Spa
- Homewood Park Somerset
- Homewood Park Hotel & Spa Bath/Hinton Charterhouse