“Lovely Room, gorgeous grounds, amazing food”

Homewood Park Hotel & Spa
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Lovely Room, gorgeous grounds, amazing food”
Reviewed 11 October 2012

The approach is gorgeous, the welcome very warm & cosy.

We had a small but perfectly formed room, contemporary, clean and very comfortable.

The food in the Restaurant was among the best we've ever had!

It's amongst stunning countryside. Definately a retreat.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2012 via mobile

Staying at this hotel beautiful views from our windows,staff are pleasant and very helpful.room is spacious and everythink you need for a comfortable stay.and if it,s not in you room you only need to ask.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank RobboLee
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Had a very enjoyable stay at Homewood Park, and was lucky enough to stay in one of the garden rooms which I would thoroughly recommend. Fabulous location, very close to Bath, but out in the countryside.

The food and service was great - I would definitely return.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I booked this hotel as a venue for a dinner with an important client plus an opportunity for our respective partners to enjoy at spa and to have a relaxing overnights stay. The rooms I booked were the most expensive the hotel offered and when I checked in I found the room and the venue to be unsatisfactory.

The room was dark, and the furniture chipped. The windows at the back of the room (bathroom windows) overlooked a garage area and furthermore the room was not clean. The room I had booked for my client had a ride on lawn mower parked outside and the gate leading back to the hotel from the room was broken and there were bins holding garden waste in full sight of the room.

We had tea outside whilst waiting for the room to be thoroughly cleaned. Both vacant tables were dirty with plates and cups and when the order was taken the dirty plates were not removed. Eventually a waiter appeared and cleared the vacant table and only when our tea came was our table cleared.

Following this we checked out of the hotel. I feel the website showed the hotel in an extremely polished light but this hotel did not offer me the standard and service that I had expected when being asked to pay almost £400.00 per night.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
9 Thank Patrick H
Camborne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We came for our honeymoon and it is no doubt a beautiful place.we were gratefully upgraded to a better room and given complimentary champagne which was lovely.
There were a few points that were a little disappointing , the tv did not work ,we had followed instructions although never complained.there was quite a lot of dust and also woodlice in our room which was a little disconcerting although the bed was clean and overall very comfy.in the room we were upgraded to we did not sleep on the first night due to some noisy upstairs guests running a bath at 2 am and general conversation could be heard.
I would say we have tasted some wonderful local produce coming from Cornwall but the bacon and sausages in the morning were extremely salty although I would imagine were of a high quality,just not to our liking.
Also as a non fan of trout and other exotic meats the evening menu was limited and we ended up dining from a lite bites menu in which the chips were extremely fat laden. The food I'm sure some people would love but after the initial night we ate out for this reason.
I would recommend this hotel as the spa wa beatuiful but on a short stay basis as the hotel did lack an atmosphere and although seated in an extremely lovely area there was no ambience followed into the hotel itself....it was slightly clinical.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 6 September 2012 via mobile

Not staffs fault they are too young and not trained properly but very friendly. Manager is very nice guy would do anything to help and go out of his way. The spa area with pool/jacuzzi/steam room is lovely very peaceful. Reason for 3 stars was no gym on site.

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Hungrybear20
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2012

If you take your car be prepared to walk a fair distance in the dark from the car park. Don't book room No 9 it's an accident waiting to happen I got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and fell down some dangerous steps which lead up to a platform where the double bed is located. Nobody was around to check if I was ok so I left a note at the unoccupied reception. The hotel was stuffy 'no air con' and no coffee/tea making facilities in the room. The staff were ok, but the place lacked any atmosphere and reminded me of an old peoples home. As for dinning, I checked the resturaunt it was the breakfast room, again it just lacked any soul so I cancelled the meal as we did not fancy eating in a stuffy old dinning room. We drove a few miles down the road to the Old Mill a lovely old pub resturaunt which serves a fantastic meal in a lovely place with a great atmosphere and nice friendly staff. The meal was a fraction of the cost £50.00 with wine for two, which would have been £ 60.00 per person or £85.00 per person with wine pairings had we dined at Homewood Park . The staff need to learn how to treat people in a friendly manner and the place just don't make the grade. It was overpriced overated,dangerous and disapointing to say the least. I would not reccommend this hotel to anybody, even if I didn't like them. Snobby rubbish pretence is the only way to describe it!!

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank robo21
Josh W, General Manager at Homewood Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
Thank you for your feedback. With regard to some of the points made I feel you are owed an explanation. Room 9 has a feature split level which many guests like as it makes the room interesting and adds character, however if you aren't familiar with the drop in level I can understand it may have surprised you in the middle of the night. I am very sorry to hear you fell down then. We have a receptionist on the desk 24 hours a day, the only time it could be unmanned is if they are assisting another guest and would return very quickly.

Regarding your comments about the hotel atmosphere many of our guests like the calm county house feel, however in the new year we are modernising some of the public areas which may be more to your taste and will add to the atmosphere.
The Old Mill is a lovely pub and if that is the kind of dining experience you are looking for we always recommend them, if you are looking for 2 rosette dinner then we are the place to dine and you are correct, it will cost more money. We do not intend to compete with pubs on price but we do have a light bite menu which may have suited you better.

The lighting in the car park works on picking up movement, we will now leave it on every evening to avoid a repeat of it not coming on.

I thank you for your comments and if you would like to visit the hotel again I shall personally ensure you have a lovely stay.

Josh Watts

Combe Grove Hotel
Combe Grove Hotel
#21 of 31 in Bath
Bailbrook House Hotel

Been to Homewood Park Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!