A pretty country hotel located very close to the attractions of Bath. The country house hotel is a mixture of old and new following the modern refurb of their dining room and funky little spa. There are pockets of traditional style in the entrance way and drawing room of the Hotel, but with a modern twist, as found in the modern dining room. We loved the dramatic style of this room, with the bold dark grey and green picking up the colours of the lawns seen through the enormous windows in the room. We found the service to be a little slow in the restaurant, but the food more than made up for this. Delicious food with beautiful presentation. We stayed in a huge room with separate lounge area that overlooked the spa. Elegantly decorated and with a lovely big bathroom with roll top bath. A couple of tiny grumbles were that we had asked for champagne to be in the room upon our arrival and that had been forgotten. We ordered it from room service instead, but not quite the same effect. Also we found the bed quite soft and spongy and the shower tray was quite blocked. Other than that, we were very happy with the room. We had spa treatments booked and the info in the room told us to robe up and check in at the spa reception beforehand. No slippers, so we froze our feet off making our way outside to the spa where we searched for the reception to check in. Could we find it? We later found in inside the main hotel, but at the time we were very confused looking around for somewhere to check in within the spa itself. There was no one around to ask in the spa. Eventually the masseuses came out to find us and we had an enjoyable treatment. The spa is very nice but quite small. An outside pool, which although heated felt very cold when we stuck outer toes in, a sauna, steam room and large jacuzzi. There was nowhere to hang our robes anywhere, not even inside the loo. Some hooks would be a useful addition. Since we didn't find the spa reception on our way in, we didnt have a towel either. We only managed to get one when we spotted other (obviously in the know) open up a big cupboard and help themselves to a towel. One other niggle is that after our massage we were quite thirsty and the two plastic jugs of water on the side were empty, next to a pile of used cups. Aside from these few minor problems, we had a most enjoyable stay and would highly recommend this hotel for a relaxing, romantic night with your significant other.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Homewood park Hotel & Spa A luxury hotel country house hotel in Bath with a warm and welcoming fusion of the contemporary and the classic. Set in 10 acres of mature parklands and award-winning gardens with gorgeous views over of the beautiful Limpley Stoke valley, Homewood Park is delightfully rural and peaceful, making it a great hotel in Bath. Step inside and you will find the house still retains many of its original features, including exposed wooden floors, antique paintings and roaring log fires, all artfully combined with stylish modern furnishings, fabrics and finishes. During your stay, you can also enjoy our luxury hotel spa which includes a hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room and heated outside swimming pool. Our award winning restaurant provides fine dining at the highest quality, another great reason to stay at Homewood Park. The result of this, is a great Bath hotel with a refreshing fusion of the conventional and contemporary cool and chic We are certainly very happy to accommodate and cater for children of all ages. We are also a pet-friendly hotel and for a small fee we are delighted to welcome your dog. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Homewood Park Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Park Hotel Hinton Charterhouse
- Homewood Park Hotel And Spa
- Homewood Park Somerset
- Homewood Park Hotel & Spa Bath/Hinton Charterhouse