Myself and hubby booked for a one night stay the day before arriving having seen a special offer online and from my first dealings with the reservation right through to leaving we were very well looked after.
The hotel is a beautiful traditional building which as it so rightly states has fused the old and the new together wonderfully well. We stayed in a deluxe room (10) which was a good size and had everything we needed including a lovely bathroom with bath and separate large shower as well as Elemis toiletries. Having been shown to our room we went downstairs and had lunch in the bar area playing backgammon from their range of games which the better player won (that's me!). From their light lunch option we chose fish goujons and let me tell you they were no ordinary option - freshly made and delicious.
We then headed to the spa where I took a dip in the outside pool, lightly heated, before relaxing in the jacuzzi. I had a fabulous massage with the lovely Natalie before relaxing on the comfy beds in my dressing gown - bliss!
Back to the room for an afternoon tea with freshly made scones - the best I have eaten for many years...
Dinner was a quiet affair as tbh we were quite full but the service remained top notch and we were very well looked after for the entire evening. Drinks before and after in the drawing room were lovely.
A comfortable bed and soft bedding should have ensued a good nights sleep but unfortunately I was woken a few times by banging around downstairs - not sure what was going on there but not a big deal overall. We didn't stay for breakfast feeling that £16pp was rather steep.
Overall we would thoroughly recommend the hotel - particularly if you can get a good offer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Homewood park Hotel & Spa A luxury hotel country house hotel in Bath with a warm and welcoming fusion of the contemporary and the classic. Set in 10 acres of mature parklands and award-winning gardens with gorgeous views over of the beautiful Limpley Stoke valley, Homewood Park is delightfully rural and peaceful, making it a great hotel in Bath. Step inside and you will find the house still retains many of its original features, including exposed wooden floors, antique paintings and roaring log fires, all artfully combined with stylish modern furnishings, fabrics and finishes. During your stay, you can also enjoy our luxury hotel spa which includes a hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room and heated outside swimming pool. Our award winning restaurant provides fine dining at the highest quality, another great reason to stay at Homewood Park. The result of this, is a great Bath hotel with a refreshing fusion of the conventional and contemporary cool and chic We are certainly very happy to accommodate and cater for children of all ages. We are also a pet-friendly hotel and for a small fee we are delighted to welcome your dog. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Homewood Park Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Park Hotel And Spa
- Homewood Park Hotel Hinton Charterhouse
- Homewood Park Somerset
- Homewood Park Hotel & Spa Bath/Hinton Charterhouse