This is truy a wonderful place. The building and settings are beautiful. This is beautriful part of Somerset. The building is old and has wonderful traditional features, but it is very well maintained and recently decorated it seemed so there was none of the mouldy smells that many old and badly maintained buildings in the UK seem to have.
The decor is lovely, fireplaces and high ceilings, plush interiors, fusing well with the period features. I woul dpersonally change one thing from the decor if I was to move in tomorrow (which I would gladly do ;)) - the wallpaper in the restaurant. But that really is nit picking. Everything else was great.
The spa is wonderful too. Again, recently rennovated it seemed. The outdoor heated pool is lovely. The temperature is ideal. It was warmer than most outdoor pools I have been in and so it really felt like we were on holiday somewhere in continental Europe (until you jump out of the pool that is :). But if you fancy a real warming experience, the jacuzzi inside is fab too and there is a sauna and a steam room. We felt so relaxed after the morning session at the spa that we nearly fell asleep on the way back to Bath (and we were supposed to go to work!).
The breakfast though, has to be the highlight in terms of quality of hotel service that we received. There was a very good selection of cooked dishes available on request. The tables were wonderfully set. Pristine white napkins, perfectly ironed into squares, tempting little flip-top glass jars with jam and marmalade, perfect little rings of butter on stone plates and sparkling white porcelain laid on every single table of the large restaurant awaiting us in the morning. There was a great buffet set as well, but you were encouraged to order from the kitchen (most of which was included in the price of the room). We had haddock with cream and scrambled eggs served beautifully and absolutely delicious. They came with a variety of toasted white and granary bread. We also had a selection of continental meats and cheeses. They have superb espresso coffee too. The cereals bar was really good quality. The compotes it seemed were home made and very good quality. The yogurt was too. Perhaps there weren't home made but they certainly hadn't compromised on quality if they had imported it from a wholesaler. Or maybe all produce was from local farmers?! I'll never know as I was too busy enjoying it. Plus the service was superb too.
The dinner we had the night before could have been improved but that's based purely on my personal taste bud preferences. Quality wise it was not to be faulted. Good selection of wines, although we focused on the food not the drinks. The chef was clearly working with a team of either rprofessionals or enthusiasts, but the food was prepared to a good standard. And the service, the staff really were very attentive and very professional.I would just reccommend to an otherwise uncompromising in quality hotel, to invest in slightly better wine glasses - perhaps thinner glass and taller and larger cupped glasses. It would have really added to the dining experience.
And just a few words on the room, it was very clean, very very comfortable beds, quite spacicious (we had a deluxe room on the ground floor overlooking the gardens - N:11). The bathroom was very clean and well appointed. There were pristinely clean white bathrobes awaiting us in the wardrobe. Very inviting indeed for an immediate dip in the pool, which is exactly what we did. For visiting the spa, I reccommend early morning or late afternoon if you want to have it all to yourself.
Overall, we are bound to go back. Such a wonderful little gem right on our doorstep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Homewood park Hotel & Spa A luxury hotel country house hotel in Bath with a warm and welcoming fusion of the contemporary and the classic. Set in 10 acres of mature parklands and award-winning gardens with gorgeous views over of the beautiful Limpley Stoke valley, Homewood Park is delightfully rural and peaceful, making it a great hotel in Bath. Step inside and you will find the house still retains many of its original features, including exposed wooden floors, antique paintings and roaring log fires, all artfully combined with stylish modern furnishings, fabrics and finishes. During your stay, you can also enjoy our luxury hotel spa which includes a hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room and heated outside swimming pool. Our award winning restaurant provides fine dining at the highest quality, another great reason to stay at Homewood Park. The result of this, is a great Bath hotel with a refreshing fusion of the conventional and contemporary cool and chic We are certainly very happy to accommodate and cater for children of all ages. We are also a pet-friendly hotel and for a small fee we are delighted to welcome your dog. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Stayforlong S.L., Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Homewood Park Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Park Hotel And Spa
- Homewood Park Hotel Hinton Charterhouse
- Homewood Park Somerset
- Homewood Park Hotel & Spa Bath/Hinton Charterhouse