“Lovely weekend away” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Park Hotel & Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Homewood Park Hotel & Spa
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely weekend away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

Amazing stay here, staff are friendly, food was excellent and our room was beautiful! i would definitely come back here.

When we arrived we was shown to our room. We had a 4 poster bed and the room was overlooking the gardens, the beds were so comfy. We went down for Afternoon tea and it was delicious and lucky for us the weather was great so we was able to sit outside and have it.

We also had dinner and breakfast at the hotel and all of it was really nice. I haven't got a bad word to say about my trip, I've enjoyed my stay very much.

I only wish i could of had a treatment at the spa, sadly this was booked as a surprise for me from my boyfriend and he didn't realise you had to book in advance. We ended up going to the Thermae Bath Spa instead and too be honest i think i would much preferred a smaller spa to relax in, it was a bit hectic there and couldn't really relax.

Thank you Homewood Park hotel for a lovely stay

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alanakate
Josh W, General Manager at Homewood Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful review.

I am delighted to read that you had such a great stay with us, and were also blessed with great weather during your time here!

The team and I all hope to welcome you back in the future

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

I have just returned from having afternoon tea at Homewood Park. We were a party of 6 ages ranging from 18 to 94. We were there to celebrate my nieces 18th and my grandmas 94th birthday. On arrival we were able to park outside the main entrance in the disabled ca park and my grandma was able to get into the hotel and to the table. We had our pot of tea served to us and then after 3/4 of an hour my sister went to reception to ask when was the food going to be served as we were all getting hungry. She was told there had been a mix up in the kitchen and the food had only just started being prepared. We had made the booking a month before so they should have been prepared for us. When the food came you could no fault it., it was delicious. I Had to ask for another pot of tea as the service was non existent.

I then enquired if there was a disabled toilet for my 94 year old grandma, I was told they did not have one, I said surely that is illegal in this day and age. Luckily my grandma at this point had had only 1 cup of tea. She did not want to risk another cup as she knew she could not go to toiilet.

When we settled the bill they had put a 10% service charge on the bill, they would not take it off even though we said we were not happy with the service we had received.

Would not return here for afternoon tea. The hotel and grounds were amazing. So. Can imagine an overnight stay would be great.

Out of interest can anyone tell me if a 4 star hotel like this should provide a disabled toilet. What if my grandma had desperately needed the toilet what would she have done. There is no way she could have got up from the toilets they provided.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank bunnj
Josh W, General Manager at Homewood Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review regarding your Afternoon Tea.

I am disappointed to read that there was a mix up on the day, and that you did not receive the high levels of service that we pride ourselves on offering. I can only apologise for this, and please be assured I have raised this with the relevant Heads of Departments and instructed them to investigate what happened.

Unfortunately, as a traditional country house we do not have specifically adapted disabled facilities, however we do offer ground-floor ladies and gentlemen’s bathrooms, which I hope would have been suitable for your Grandma. Specifically adapted facilities are a requirement of new build properties.

If you would like to contact me directly to discuss your afternoon tea experience with us, please feel free to contact me at the hotel on 01225 723731

Bristol, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

My husband and I stayed overnight for our anniversary and had such a fantastic time. When we arrived we had full body massages, which were wonderful, and then used the spa facilities. We had a Junior Suite which was spacious and comfy. We ate in the restaurant and the food was delicious. The service was excellent too. The next morning we had breakfast in bed, which was the perfect way to end our visit. We left feeling very relaxed and thoroughly pampered. It was a real treat. All the staff were friendly, polite and helpful. I'd definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rehn230509
Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely review regarding your recent stay at Homewood Park.

I am delighted to read that you had such a wonderful anniversary break, and enjoyed all of our facilities – especially the spa treatments.

I very much hope to welcome you back in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013 via mobile

My hubby and I stayed at the Homewood Park for three nights in May 2013 and had a fantastic experience. On arrival we were told we had been upgraded from a classic room to a deluxe room, which was a lovely start. The deluxe room was great - very comfy bed and a great view of the gardens. We ate in the hotel restaurant the first night and had a delicious meal which was up there with some of the best we've had - I would highly recommend the confit duck breast with cherries. Breakfasts were excellent as well - a plentiful continental buffet and full English with particularly good sausages. On our second day the shower in our room broke and the response from the staff was so prompt and efficient. Even better, as it could not be fixed immediately, we got a second upgrade, to one of the garden suites! This room was pure luxury - an even comfier king sized bed, private patio (which sadly the rain prevented us from using), heated floors and a huge en suite with a rain shower and roll top bath. Having to move mid stay was a small price to pay to stay here at the cost of a classic room for two nights! I used the spa several times during our stay - despite the mixed weather I managed to use the outdoor heated pool twice - when the sun was out it was almost like being in the Mediterranean. I also had a a fantastic 55 minute massage on our last day, which was a lovely way to end our little break. The hotel is well situated as well. It is lovely to stay in quiet, peaceful surroundings but Bath is easily accessible - we drove in three times during our stay, and Longleat safari park is only a 40 minute drive away. All the staff were also fantastic, the reception staff in particular. Many thanks for making our visit so memorable!

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julia Z
Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful review on your recent stay with us.

I’m delighted that we were able to complimentary upgrade you from the outset – if we have rooms free we always like our guests to have the best experience possible. I am sorry that we were unable to fix the shower on the day when it broke, but am delighted that we were able to move you to one of our Garden Suites which resulted in a more than satisfactory stay for you.

Thank you for all of your fantastic comments on the food and spa – I have passed these onto the team.

We all hope to welcome you back in the future.

Stirling, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

Stayed 4th and 5th May for my sisters wedding. Lovely place, food excellent but think too expensive, and the final bill was a bit odd to say the least with odd charges. Also I dont think what was on the bill was fully correct, we should sign for purchases, like drinks at the bar for example.

Pool was great, room lovely too although for the cost of room a mini bar would be good.
The main bar ran out of draft beer twice however the staff were all pleasant and friendly.

Lovely frony lawn and gardens, children had great fun.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay at Homewood Park.

We are delighted that your sister had a wonderful day at Homewood Park for her wedding and was also blessed with good weather for the weekend.

Thank you for your kind comments reference the staff and facilities, I have passed these all on to the team.

I’m sorry that you felt the room prices were expensive; we are very competitively priced for a 4 star luxury country house hotel with spa in Bath.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Frome, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

We took an 81 year old to lunch at Homewood Park as a birthday treat today and she could not remember having a better meal - and she frequently holidays in the best hotels in Malta and on the Amalfi coast.

A friendly welcome in Reception made us feel at home immediately.

The service was superb - attentive and friendly at a leisurely pace so we did not feel rushed and had time to chat and also enjoy the wonderful food. Many thanks to Vivek and Inma, who looked after us so well. The chef should be congratulated - a small menu but every dish appealed and when our choices arrived they were works of art.

The country house décor in the dining room has been completely altered and modernised and we loved it. In fact, our friend wants to move in!

It is now owned by our neighbours on the Longleat Estate and we wish them every success withj this and Bishopstrow near Warminster.

Pam and Peter Chapman, Friggle Street, Frome

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Josh W, General Manager at Homewood Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Dear Mr and Mrs Chapman

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent visit to lunch with us.

I am delighted to read that all members of your party had such a wonderful time.

I have passed all of your kind comments on to the team and we all hope to welcome you back soon.

Kindest regards

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

This is truy a wonderful place. The building and settings are beautiful. This is beautriful part of Somerset. The building is old and has wonderful traditional features, but it is very well maintained and recently decorated it seemed so there was none of the mouldy smells that many old and badly maintained buildings in the UK seem to have.

The decor is lovely, fireplaces and high ceilings, plush interiors, fusing well with the period features. I woul dpersonally change one thing from the decor if I was to move in tomorrow (which I would gladly do ;)) - the wallpaper in the restaurant. But that really is nit picking. Everything else was great.

The spa is wonderful too. Again, recently rennovated it seemed. The outdoor heated pool is lovely. The temperature is ideal. It was warmer than most outdoor pools I have been in and so it really felt like we were on holiday somewhere in continental Europe (until you jump out of the pool that is :). But if you fancy a real warming experience, the jacuzzi inside is fab too and there is a sauna and a steam room. We felt so relaxed after the morning session at the spa that we nearly fell asleep on the way back to Bath (and we were supposed to go to work!).

The breakfast though, has to be the highlight in terms of quality of hotel service that we received. There was a very good selection of cooked dishes available on request. The tables were wonderfully set. Pristine white napkins, perfectly ironed into squares, tempting little flip-top glass jars with jam and marmalade, perfect little rings of butter on stone plates and sparkling white porcelain laid on every single table of the large restaurant awaiting us in the morning. There was a great buffet set as well, but you were encouraged to order from the kitchen (most of which was included in the price of the room). We had haddock with cream and scrambled eggs served beautifully and absolutely delicious. They came with a variety of toasted white and granary bread. We also had a selection of continental meats and cheeses. They have superb espresso coffee too. The cereals bar was really good quality. The compotes it seemed were home made and very good quality. The yogurt was too. Perhaps there weren't home made but they certainly hadn't compromised on quality if they had imported it from a wholesaler. Or maybe all produce was from local farmers?! I'll never know as I was too busy enjoying it. Plus the service was superb too.

The dinner we had the night before could have been improved but that's based purely on my personal taste bud preferences. Quality wise it was not to be faulted. Good selection of wines, although we focused on the food not the drinks. The chef was clearly working with a team of either rprofessionals or enthusiasts, but the food was prepared to a good standard. And the service, the staff really were very attentive and very professional.I would just reccommend to an otherwise uncompromising in quality hotel, to invest in slightly better wine glasses - perhaps thinner glass and taller and larger cupped glasses. It would have really added to the dining experience.

And just a few words on the room, it was very clean, very very comfortable beds, quite spacicious (we had a deluxe room on the ground floor overlooking the gardens - N:11). The bathroom was very clean and well appointed. There were pristinely clean white bathrobes awaiting us in the wardrobe. Very inviting indeed for an immediate dip in the pool, which is exactly what we did. For visiting the spa, I reccommend early morning or late afternoon if you want to have it all to yourself.

Overall, we are bound to go back. Such a wonderful little gem right on our doorstep.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your fantastic feedback on your recent stay.

I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed every moment of your stay, and that we surpassed all your expectations.

I have passed all of your kind comments on to the team and we all hope to welcome you back in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hinton Charterhouse
The Bath Priory
The Bath Priory
#11 of 34 in Bath
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,213 reviews

Been to Homewood Park Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!