“A FRIDAY WEDDING” 4 of 5 bubbles

Homewood Park Hotel & Spa
Swindon, United Kingdom
“A FRIDAY WEDDING”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

My partner and I attended a wedding at this splendid Establishment near Bath. The gardens and grounds were superb with a croquet lawn available !! We visited the spa which looked very inviting. Our Garden Room was spacious with a large king size bed, seperate toilet and shower room with a very deep bath !! The front of the room was fitted with wide double patio doors which led out into the garden. The only drawback was that the room was very hot and we had to run the fan all night to keep cool. Air conditiong would have been very useful this summer !! The wedding was very well organised and the staff efficient and helpful. The function room was adaptable with sliding doors to make it bigger or smaller.

Room Tip: the garden room was very nice but none of the rooms had air con
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank phil b
Josh W, General Manager at Homewood Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review on Homewood Park.

I am delighted to read that you had an excellent time at the wedding of your family/friend. Homewood Park is truly the ideal wedding venue with our stunning gardens and beautiful house.

Thank you for all your kind comments, I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
blackpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Overnight stay with mother for a 2day visit to Bath. Hotel is about 6miles out of town so we used our car to drive to Bath centre. Wonderful setting, beautiful grounds. First impression was 'fantastic, this is going to be great', as we drove up the drive and caught view of the beautiful building. Greated nicely at reception but our room wasn't ready for another 20 minutes. The staff were courteous and suggested we took advantage to look around the hotel and maybe have a drink in the gardens. The actual reception desk area could do with improvement as visually this was just a desk plonked at the front door with printer on another table - looked a bit messy which detracted actually from the niceness of the rest of the hotel. It was a scorching day so we sat in the lovely spa courtyard and enjoyed a light lunch and glass of wine. Bar menu very limited but what we ordered was very nice (butternut risotto and cheese sandwich). I honestly had the feeling I was sat somewhere in Tuscany! Our server was so helpful despite the fact we had her running around for brochures and menus on such a hot day. She spent ages talking to us about what to see and do in Bath (management, please congratulate the dark haired girl from Sheffield workin on the 1st Aug - she was wonderful).

We were helped to our hotel room which was a upstairs junior suite (room 19) which was much more than I expected. It was big and lovely decorated. We had a sitting room with TV and magazines, a very large bathroom with shower and deep freestanding bath and Elemis shower products. The bedroom was lovely and I was taken back by the amazing views from the window of the spa pool and wonderful green hillside. I selling point for me! My mother thought the room was far too hot and there was no aircon. We were at the top of the hotel in what was like a loft conversion style with slanted ceilings ( mind your head in areas!) I loved it though and didn't mind the warmth, but we were brought a fan (on second time of asking).
We had evening 3 course meal in the hotel restaurant which was lovely. Service by all young staff very good. Food wonderfully presented and mine was wonderful. Mother had steak (quite expensive at £29), cooked lovely but the pepper sauce was bland and thin.
Breakfast was lovely.
Spa outdoor pool was great on such a hot evening. Pool lovely temperature. There are only a few outdoor chairs and loungers though.
overall, I would recommend, and I would stay again!

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank lesley71Blackpool
Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful review regarding your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you had such a fantastic stay, and especially that the staff were outstanding. Thank you for all of your kind comments which I pass on to the team.

The team and I all hope to welcome you back in the future.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

We were originally booked to stay in the sister hotel (The Bishopstrow Hotel & Spa), which we had booked 6-7 weeks previously. Having confirmed the booking with the hotel 15 days in advance of our stay we were phoned 1 week before and told that they had now taken a booking for a large party and our booking was cancelled. After a lot of heated discussions it was conceded that we would be transferred to The Homewood Park Hotel. This proved to be really advantageous to us, as the Homewood Park is a wonderful hotel albeit a little further away from other amenities, The hotel is set in wonderful tranquil surroundings, the rooms are large and comfortable and the food exceptional, but quite expensive (£29 for a steak). Homewood Park has an outdoor pool right by the Spa and its own extensive grounds and landscaped gardens where evening drinks can be had before the evening meal. Overall it's a great place to spend a relaxing weekend. It also has a far better, local, reputation than The Bishopstrow and we were told by other guests that our experience was not unusual. We would choose The Homewood Park again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Deltranet
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Homewood Park.

I’m sorry that our sister hotel was unable to accommodate you, but am delighted that we were able to book you into Homewood to ensure that you still had a wonderful relaxing break away.

Thank you for your kind comments on all aspects of our facilities and services.

The team and I all look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Bath
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

My friends and I bought a relaxing Spa day package, we are all in our 50s, and thought we would have a quiet relaxing day!
Unfriendly reception, children in the spa, which the staff did nothing about and my friend had to ask the parents to take them outside, even a dog around the pool.

Lunch was fine, except the wine glasses looked like the ones in a pub and were all smeared and marked from the dishwasher, not what I have at home and definitely expect better from a Hotel such as this pro ports to be.

Any request seemed to be a bit difficult for the staff although there was one young lady who was very helpfully.
We would have been happy to feed this back but no one cared to ask if we had enjoyed our day!

We will not be going back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank SuehullBath
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent view on your spa day.

I am very disappointed to read that you had a less than satisfactory day, as this is well below our normal exceptionally high standards. I can only apologise for the shortfalls you experienced on the day, I have raised all of your concerns with the relevant head of departments to ensure action is taken immediately.

If you would like to contact me to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel on 01225 723731

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

What a super hotel! Staff all very helpful and pleasant. The place is very "old English" and yet all rooms and spa are very up to date and quite lovely. Our room (15) was very large with huge comfy bed and the decor was a super royal purple and mushroom colour paint on the walls. Really very well done and very clean. Food excellent we ate a three course meal in the evening and had no issues at all with any course. The breakfast again was superb, we were well attended to and did not have to ask for a thing!
So in short a fab stay and well done all the team!! see you all soon as we will be back.

Room Tip: Number 15 is super with garden view and quiet side of hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank horseybird68
Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful review on your recent stay at Homewood Park.

I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of your stay.

I very much hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

I stayed here for the night prior to and the night of our wedding. We stayed in a junior garden suite with a view of the pool and a bathroom to die for. Loved every minute our stay. The rooms are well decorated, the Spa is lovely and the service in the restaurant and bar is great. The only negative is that when having afternoon tea with my girlfriends before my wedding we were charged for extra tea when we had already paid for afternoon tea. Additional tea top ups are usually included at good hotels so I think this should be reviewed as the additional tea seemed pricey with no warning. But otherwise a gorgeous hotel with lovely grounds. Would recommend!

Room Tip: Garden suite!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review.

May I firstly take this opportunity to congratulate you on your recent marriage, the team and I wish you both all the very best.

Thank you for all your feedback which I have passed on to the HOD team for review.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back, maybe to celebrate your 1st Wedding Anniversary!

Bromley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

Homewood Park is the place to go if you fancy a relaxing retreat... Set in beautiful surroundings the hotel and spa is easy to get to by train to freshford (just a mile from the station).. The room we had was wonderful with a lovely view of the garden.. The spa has an outdoor heated pool we were very lucky to have such hot weather.. The jacuzzi is large enough for 8 people.. And if you get your nails done in the nail bar be sure to order some champagne!! ( you have to pay extra for this).. Bath is one stop by train or a short bus ride away.. The city is fab!!! I would certainly like to return..

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Sarah O
Dear Guest

Thank you for your fabulous review regarding your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you had such a great stay, and were able to make time to experience all that the local area has to offer – the City of Bath is truly a beautiful place to visit.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hinton Charterhouse
The Bath Priory
#11 of 34 in Bath
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,211 reviews
The Royal Crescent Hotel & Spa

Been to Homewood Park Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!