We stayed for a night prior to a family wedding for a much needed bit of relaxation.
- the bed was unbelievably comfortable (and huge!)
- the room itself (and bathroom) were both good sized, clean and comfortable
- the pool and spa were also clean and enjoyable
- the food was good (although some grumbles were had about small portion sizes for the fish dishes and over seasoning of meat dishes)- the desserts were particularly good!
- the service in the restaurant was incredibly slow. We waited 20 minutes for someone to take our order and, after a further 25 minutes, when I enquired if we could at least have some wine and bread on the table whilst we waited for our starter, the waiter was rude and antagonistic and began arguing with me over the time the order was placed! I had also tried to speak discreetly to him outside the main restaurant area but he insisted on coming back into the main area and having me point at our table before continuing to argue about when the order was placed! This was eventually stopped by a manager and we got our wine and bread shortly afterwards. The rest of the meal and the food were good and the service did improve but I had to spend it being served by a glowering waiter who was clearly unimpressed with my asking for bread and wine for a party who had been waiting for 45 minutes by that point.
If it hadn't been for that, this would have been a five star review!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Homewood park Hotel & Spa A luxury hotel country house hotel in Bath with a warm and welcoming fusion of the contemporary and the classic. Set in 10 acres of mature parklands and award-winning gardens with gorgeous views over of the beautiful Limpley Stoke valley, Homewood Park is delightfully rural and peaceful, making it a great hotel in Bath. Step inside and you will find the house still retains many of its original features, including exposed wooden floors, antique paintings and roaring log fires, all artfully combined with stylish modern furnishings, fabrics and finishes. During your stay, you can also enjoy our luxury hotel spa which includes a hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room and heated outside swimming pool. Our award winning restaurant provides fine dining at the highest quality, another great reason to stay at Homewood Park. The result of this, is a great Bath hotel with a refreshing fusion of the conventional and contemporary cool and chic We are certainly very happy to accommodate and cater for children of all ages. We are also a pet-friendly hotel and for a small fee we are delighted to welcome your dog. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Lastminute, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Park Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Park Hotel Hinton Charterhouse
- Homewood Park Hotel And Spa
- Homewood Park Somerset
- Homewood Park Hotel & Spa Bath/Hinton Charterhouse