Homewood Park Hotel & Spa
  • Breakfast included
Widbrook Grange(Bradford-on-Avon)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewsoutdoor pooljunior suitegarden suitesauna and steam roomon arrivalafternoon teaelemis toiletriesfree standing bathroll top bathhuge bedlovely hotelblack puddingcream teabirthday treatmy mumrelaxing stayspecial occasion
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We arrived here and found out we had been put in the bridal suite which was lovely as you can imagine. The service was exceptional throughout our stay, from reception and waiters. Breakfast was lovely and a highlight was a beautiful evening meal. We both had the Fillet Steak which was cooked just right, (rare). House wine was lovely too. Worth a 5 minute walk around the grounds because this hotel is in a beautiful setting. Also easy access to Bath

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Josh W, General Manager at Homewood Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your fabulous review.

I am delighted to read that you had such an amazing stay with us, and that we were able to complimentary upgrade you to one of our suites. Thank you for all of your kind comments on all aspects of the hotel from the staff to the food and spa facilities.

The team and I all hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We went to the hotel for a wedding. We went with some trepidation as some of the reviews recently were 'mixed' - particularly as we were allocated room 5 on arrival! We needn't have worried. The weekend was perfect. The room was lovely (yes- the view is not!) with everything thing you could need - including tea and coffee facilities. Why don't they show this on their website, as we were apparently not the only ones who had brought their own!! The staff were great - they couldn't have been more helpful or friendly, the food was excellent and the facilities first class. We didn't use the spa, but went and had a look, and wished we had more time to enjoy that too as it looked really inviting. Couldn't fault anything.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank gilwernboy

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review.

I am delighted to read that you had a fabulous stay with us recently and enjoyed all of the facilities and services on offer.

The majority of our guests who leave after enjoying a wonderful experience at Homewood Park unfortunately don’t write reviews on their stay, so I am pleased that you gave us a chance despite your initial reservations and following an enjoyable stay decided to review your visit.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed here for one night on a spa break. Overall it was an enjoyable stay - but, with more attention to detail I would have awarded them 4/5 instead of 3.
Our suite was comfortable so we ordered our afternoon cream tea to served there. The dirty crockery was still there the next day when we checked out. It should have been removed whilst we were at dinner.
There were good sized soft towels and adequate toiletries in the bathroom, but no face clothes. The wine list was somewhat pretentiously priced, but they did not open the bottles at the table nor leave the cork for inspection.
Our evening meal was attractively served (although, being nouvelle cuisine, was a bit short on quantity) but was luke warm. The plates were warm, so, I can only assume that it took so long to make it look pretty that the food had lost some heat.
When I went to settle our bill on checking out we had been charged for our evening meal, which was included in the pre-paid cost of the break.
We had also been charged a £5 'tray charge' for having our cream tea served in our suite. I felt that this was a bit unreasonable because, being on the ground floor, we were about the same distance from the kitchen as was the lounge where we would otherwise have had it served. So there is a tip for you. Have your tea brought to the lounge and then carry it to your room yourself !
On the up side, the staff were all really friendly and helpful. The spa seems very new and has good facilities.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review on your stay with us.

I am pleased to read that there were many positives to your stay, including the staff and the spa facilities.

However, I would like to apologise for the areas where we let you down. This does not meet our usual excellent standards of service and for this I can only apologise. At Homewood Park we take all our guests feedback on board and use this to continually improve our standards and for this I thank you for bringing the above to my attention.

I do hope that you will give us another chance in the future, and if you do decide to return I look forward to personally welcoming you back.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I had booked myself and a friend into The Homewood Hotel and Spa for a day in the Spa with a facial and lunch. The hotel had no one on reception when we arrived, and we stood there like lemons for 15 minutes waiting for someone to come. A young couple also waited with us. They were coming to see about the possibility of having their wedding reception there.

When the receptionist did come she told us the person who would take us to the spa was in a meeting with the manager, so would we mind waiting in the lounge and could they bring us some coffee or tea while we waited ? We said yes. Nearly an hour later, we are still in the lounge, waiting. Feeling really fed up, I went back to reception and she said in surprise "Oh, are you still there ! "

Spa was tiny and there weren't enough beds to lie on so we had to either sit on a shoe locker or eventually on two chairs !

The massages were lovely ( only good bit of the day) but at the end when we checked out they tried to charge us ........wait for it..........£14 for tea and coffee we hadn’t actually asked for, they had offered it because we had to wait ! I refused.

All in all a rather disappointing day.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Josh W, General Manager at Homewood Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent spa day with us.

I am very disappointed to read that your day obviously fell well short of both your expectations, and our usual levels of service.

Please be assured that I have asked the relevant Managers to investigate further what happened on the day, and I can only sincerely apologise that we let you down. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, as it is only with our guests constructive comments that we can continually improve our services & facilities.

If you do decide to give us a second try, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel to arrange your visit.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 28 October 2013

My wife & I planned a two day break to Bath. The city centre hotels seemed expensive so widening the search & found Homewood Spa. With lovely grounds, well appointed rooms with countryside views, comfortable beds & enjoyable breakfasts we were glad we found it. When I failed in booking a treatment at the Bath Spa I contacted the hotel & secured two treatments in the hotels spa. Small & modest but certainly fit for purpose my wife enjoyed both massages which were cheaper than Bath Spa could offer. Homewood boasts of being in the top 150 hotels in the country and we certainly didn't want for anything. The outdoor pool was heated so I could enjoy an open air pool in October. On a visit to Bath we opted to use Odd Down park & ride which was 15 minutes away. Apart from breakfast we ate out as the menu was a la cart & too rich for my taste. Price of drinks have been reviewed elsewhere and a 10% service seems unnecessary but all in all we had a wonderful time and would recommend this venue.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Josh W, General Manager at Homewood Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review.

I am delighted to read that you chose us as a base to explore the nearby beautiful City of Bath and that you had a thoroughly enjoyable stay, making full use of the spa facilities.

The team and I all hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards