Previous visits to have afternoon tea in the sitting room, led us to hope that after the takeover by Longleat, the refit of the hotel would exude the country house charm that this building deserves, just take a peek at the exterior. Such a disappointment to find that an interior designer had taken no account of the history of the area, even worse to fit out and furnish an hotel as if it were in a city centre, not a trace of Somerset or England! Travellers want to live the life of the place that they are visiting, not find one hotel merging into another irrespective of where they are in the world.
We had dinner with several groups from Japan who were in Bath for the great attractions of the architecture and literary connections, they all looked decidedly uninspired, nothing to look at except swirly patterned curtains and velvet upholstery. The decor of the restaurant and rooms is fine, even beautiful but not right for this house.
The food was very good but, and this is nit picking, because there are no tablecloths it is even more important to clean the tables after the main and of course after the diners leave. We were left on a Saturday night sitting amid an ever increasing number of littered tables.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Homewood park Hotel & Spa A luxury hotel country house hotel in Bath with a warm and welcoming fusion of the contemporary and the classic. Set in 10 acres of mature parklands and award-winning gardens with gorgeous views over of the beautiful Limpley Stoke valley, Homewood Park is delightfully rural and peaceful, making it a great hotel in Bath. Step inside and you will find the house still retains many of its original features, including exposed wooden floors, antique paintings and roaring log fires, all artfully combined with stylish modern furnishings, fabrics and finishes. During your stay, you can also enjoy our luxury hotel spa which includes a hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room and heated outside swimming pool. Our award winning restaurant provides fine dining at the highest quality, another great reason to stay at Homewood Park. The result of this, is a great Bath hotel with a refreshing fusion of the conventional and contemporary cool and chic We are certainly very happy to accommodate and cater for children of all ages. We are also a pet-friendly hotel and for a small fee we are delighted to welcome your dog. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Park Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Park Hotel And Spa
- Homewood Park Hotel Hinton Charterhouse
- Homewood Park Somerset
- Homewood Park Hotel & Spa Bath/Hinton Charterhouse