As you enter the driveway there is almost an immediate sense of serenity, reception is informal but efficient and helpful and our room (No 16) was large and well decorated with a bed that was large enough to accommodate a family! but very comfortable. The bathroom had both a shower and a separate bath and had a lovely array of shampoos, moisturisers etc.
We stayed for 2 nights over 21/22 February and had dinner on the first night. A small but adequate menu but the food and presentation was superb and the staff delightful. The range of wines was good but expensive, The decor of the dining rooms and lounges is so very tasteful and very comfortable, I would like to have the designer decorate my home!
The outdoor pool is heated to a refreshing 28 degrees and the spa, sauna and steam rooms made our visits to them a real pleasure. You do need to walk outside from the hotel to access the spa, no problem unless it is raining.
We decided not to take the car into Bath but the hotel called a taxi for us, it was well worth the £13 fare but if we had wanted to there is a Park & Ride not far from the hotel.
On our second night we drove just a few minutes down the road to the village of Freshford where the little pub serves good food.,
Breakfast was very traditional but the kippers on my second morning were among the best i have ever tasted.
Overall a wonderful weekend, great hotel with excellent friendly and efficient staff, well done to you all and thank you for making our stay so enjoyable.
One little moan! Can you create a slightly larger turning circle outside reception, its very tight especially if you arrive in the dark.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Homewood park Hotel & Spa A luxury hotel country house hotel in Bath with a warm and welcoming fusion of the contemporary and the classic. Set in 10 acres of mature parklands and award-winning gardens with gorgeous views over of the beautiful Limpley Stoke valley, Homewood Park is delightfully rural and peaceful, making it a great hotel in Bath. Step inside and you will find the house still retains many of its original features, including exposed wooden floors, antique paintings and roaring log fires, all artfully combined with stylish modern furnishings, fabrics and finishes. During your stay, you can also enjoy our luxury hotel spa which includes a hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room and heated outside swimming pool. Our award winning restaurant provides fine dining at the highest quality, another great reason to stay at Homewood Park. The result of this, is a great Bath hotel with a refreshing fusion of the conventional and contemporary cool and chic We are certainly very happy to accommodate and cater for children of all ages. We are also a pet-friendly hotel and for a small fee we are delighted to welcome your dog. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Lastminute and Priceline so you can book your Homewood Park Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Park Hotel Hinton Charterhouse
- Homewood Park Hotel And Spa
- Homewood Park Somerset
- Homewood Park Hotel & Spa Bath/Hinton Charterhouse