My husband and I have just returned from a lovely couple of days in the Bath area. We stayed at the Homewood Spa Hotel- what a lovely place in such beautiful surroundings.Whilst we were happy with the bedroom, the breakfast and quality of facilities, we were really disappointed with the level of service we received, very surprising for a 4* Hotel as we stay in many hotels during the course of a year and have mostly good experiences of similar hotels. There was no one to welcome us in reception and we waited a good while before anyone came to check us in. We went into the Spa in the afternoon which was very nice. Unfortunately however, the phone in that area only worked intermittently and we weren’t able to order any drinks (the masseur who we had spoken to said it said the phone was dodgy!). Why then if people knew it didn’t work properly had no one come and mended it. Also, would it be too difficult for a waiter to pop down from time to time to take orders? A bit of friendly service?? The most disappointing aspect was the following morning. It says the spa opens at 8am. We signed in (there was no one at the reception) then arrived about 8.20am but the pool cover was still on and the sauna and steam room were stone cold and not on at all. We went back into the main hotel (still no one on the spa reception and phone still not working) and found a waiter who said the electrics must have ‘tripped off.’ In fact, the lady on main reception told us later that no one had turned up to put things on – apparently this is normally done soon after 7am to give time for things to heat up.
It therefore meant that we weren’t able to make use of the facilities as even 1/2 hour later nothing was hot enough. Frankly, I found this appalling for a hotel advertising itself as a Spa Hotel and it really spoilt my enjoyment of the time there as I was looking forward to this aspect. I have raised this with the staff and feel we should have been compensated as we were unable to enjoy the facilities as advertised. However, although I got an apology I got the distinct feeling that they didn't really care. My husband and I were left with the overall opinion that this hotel is undoubtedly in a lovely place and the facilities are really good. However, if the service is this poor (the hotel was clearly understaffed) then it leaves you disappointment - we expected better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Homewood park Hotel & Spa A luxury hotel country house hotel in Bath with a warm and welcoming fusion of the contemporary and the classic. Set in 10 acres of mature parklands and award-winning gardens with gorgeous views over of the beautiful Limpley Stoke valley, Homewood Park is delightfully rural and peaceful, making it a great hotel in Bath. Step inside and you will find the house still retains many of its original features, including exposed wooden floors, antique paintings and roaring log fires, all artfully combined with stylish modern furnishings, fabrics and finishes. During your stay, you can also enjoy our luxury hotel spa which includes a hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room and heated outside swimming pool. Our award winning restaurant provides fine dining at the highest quality, another great reason to stay at Homewood Park. The result of this, is a great Bath hotel with a refreshing fusion of the conventional and contemporary cool and chic We are certainly very happy to accommodate and cater for children of all ages. We are also a pet-friendly hotel and for a small fee we are delighted to welcome your dog. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Stayforlong S.L., Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Homewood Park Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Park Hotel And Spa
- Homewood Park Hotel Hinton Charterhouse
- Homewood Park Somerset
- Homewood Park Hotel & Spa Bath/Hinton Charterhouse