My partner and I stayed for one night whilst visiting friends in Bath. The hotel is located off the A36 and is easy to find. First annoyance on arriving is the potholed and muddy car park - I'm sure it adds to the country feel but it would be far better for this to be a decent surface.
The hotel looks charming and welcoming. The desk staff were friendly and accompanied us to our room to show us the way. We'd booked a junior suite at a "late availability" rate of £179 for the night. The room was fine, spacious and comfortable though showing signs of wear and tear with some cobwebs in the corners. The bathroom was modern and clean and the toiletries were Elemis of the type found in many hotels. The bed was extremely soft, which isn't our preference but it was an adequate sleep.
Afternoon tea is served in the lounge, though you probably need to make a reservation for that - something that isn't pointed out so you may end up seated elsewhere. When you get it the afternoon tea was fine, if somewhat pricey.
We didn't eat dinner at the hotel but in the morning we had breakfast in the restaurant. Service was staggeringly slow - we were there for twenty minutes before any food arrived - one hard poached egg of the two soft poached eggs I had ordered accompanied by a rack of white toast instead of the whole wheat we'd ordered on seating!
The staff are all pleasant though clearly some were young and inexperienced and couldn't adapt to the situations put in front of them.
The spa looked nice though you have to exit the building to get to it which isn't ideal in unpleasant weather.
Hotels in this area are pricey but was this worth the price we paid - no, probably not. Would we
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Homewood park Hotel & Spa A luxury hotel country house hotel in Bath with a warm and welcoming fusion of the contemporary and the classic. Set in 10 acres of mature parklands and award-winning gardens with gorgeous views over of the beautiful Limpley Stoke valley, Homewood Park is delightfully rural and peaceful, making it a great hotel in Bath. Step inside and you will find the house still retains many of its original features, including exposed wooden floors, antique paintings and roaring log fires, all artfully combined with stylish modern furnishings, fabrics and finishes. During your stay, you can also enjoy our luxury hotel spa which includes a hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room and heated outside swimming pool. Our award winning restaurant provides fine dining at the highest quality, another great reason to stay at Homewood Park. The result of this, is a great Bath hotel with a refreshing fusion of the conventional and contemporary cool and chic We are certainly very happy to accommodate and cater for children of all ages. We are also a pet-friendly hotel and for a small fee we are delighted to welcome your dog. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Park Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Park Hotel Hinton Charterhouse
- Homewood Park Hotel And Spa
- Homewood Park Somerset
- Homewood Park Hotel & Spa Bath/Hinton Charterhouse