“Lovely find great cup of tea!”

Homewood Park Hotel & Spa
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Lovely country hotel with interesting rooms and features all very warm cosy and inviting. What made it special was we returned from the theatre in Bath late at 11pm to find a bar man who was so happy to make us an amazing fresh pot of earl grey tea complete with a little plate of fresh chocolates. All done with such good grace and we were made to feel important. Wonderful touch of service here which so many major hotel chains don't have where you are merely processed during your stay. It's perfect here. Thank you.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karen E
Josh W, General Manager at Homewood Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review on your recent stay with us.

I am so glad to read we were able to make you feel important and give our guests little personal touches such as the petit fours with your late evening pot of tea.

I very much hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I have reviewed Homewood Park before but decided to do another review as I enjoyed it again this time. Visited for tea with my daughter and my mum to celebrate her birthday.
When I arrived I told them it was her birthday and we were delighted and surprised when they brought us 3 flutes of bubbly ( complimentary)
They also piped "happy birthday" on mum's plate with chocolate, which was a nice touch and made Mum feel special. What a treat!
Sandwiches were delicious. Even my fussy teenager enjoyed them which is a true accolade!
The only thing I would make a negative comment on is that we would have liked a tablecloth and not just a bare table but that's just being overly fussy .I'm sure that if we had requested a cloth they would have obliged.The service is really good at Homewood Park. Attentive and friendly.
One last thing, the tea( drink) was lovely. Made with tea leaves and ? Probably filtered water.
WELL DONE HOMEWOOD! I'll be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank JewelHB

Dear Guest,

Thank you for review on your recent visit for Afternoon Tea to celebrate your Mother’s birthday.

I am very glad to read that your experience was a much more positive one this time and I’m pleased that we were able to help you celebrate with a glass of complimentary bubbly each!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Homewood Park.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Had a lovely weekend at this hotel, we thought it was closer to Bath than it was but was only about a £15 cab ride away, a very intimate hotel but at the same time all staff are very proffesional and friendly at all times. would highly reccomend this hotel and is a lovely little hide away with the benefit of the spa which is the perfect way to start your day..!!

Room Tip: The garden room was very nice..!!
1  Thank jk7ngv

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review.

I am delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable visit to Homewood Park.

The team and I all look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

My husband, two young children and my mum stayed at this hotel to celebrate my birthday. We arrived late at night (midweek) and was greeted by a lovely receptionist. She showed us to our beautiful, large rooms. We had asked for a cot however it wasn't there. The receptionist was very apologetic and set off to find one. She then set it up for us.
Room service was great! Kids meals were huge! We ordered the soup both nights and once it came with bread and once without. When we asked though it was delivered quickly.
All staff, particularly the breakfast waiters and receptionist were lovely. Very personably and helpful.
My husband and I also had a romantic meal at the restaurant which was delicious (highly recommend the pork cheeks).

The gardens definitely deserve their awards. Its like walking through the secret garden.

My only real complaint, and I find it quite a severe one, was that my hand was actually burnt on the towel rack. There didn't seem to be a switch to turn it off and for an hour after only brushing my hand on it, I was in such pain. 5 days on and the mark is still there. Very dangerous - if someone was to actually purposefully touch it, they would be in a world of pain.

I hope to visit again soon.

Room Tip: Room 11 and 12 are beautiful (11 is huge!)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank yazheli

Dear Guest

Thank you for your great feedback on your recent stay to celebrate your birthday.

I am delighted to read that you had such a fantastic stay with us and you all got to enjoy some family time together.

Thank you for bringing the towel rail issue to our attention, this has now been resolved, and I hope didn’t cause any lasting effects.

We appreciate all of your positive comments which I have passed onto the team; and we all hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

My partner and I stayed for one night whilst visiting friends in Bath. The hotel is located off the A36 and is easy to find. First annoyance on arriving is the potholed and muddy car park - I'm sure it adds to the country feel but it would be far better for this to be a decent surface.

The hotel looks charming and welcoming. The desk staff were friendly and accompanied us to our room to show us the way. We'd booked a junior suite at a "late availability" rate of £179 for the night. The room was fine, spacious and comfortable though showing signs of wear and tear with some cobwebs in the corners. The bathroom was modern and clean and the toiletries were Elemis of the type found in many hotels. The bed was extremely soft, which isn't our preference but it was an adequate sleep.

Afternoon tea is served in the lounge, though you probably need to make a reservation for that - something that isn't pointed out so you may end up seated elsewhere. When you get it the afternoon tea was fine, if somewhat pricey.

We didn't eat dinner at the hotel but in the morning we had breakfast in the restaurant. Service was staggeringly slow - we were there for twenty minutes before any food arrived - one hard poached egg of the two soft poached eggs I had ordered accompanied by a rack of white toast instead of the whole wheat we'd ordered on seating!

The staff are all pleasant though clearly some were young and inexperienced and couldn't adapt to the situations put in front of them.

The spa looked nice though you have to exit the building to get to it which isn't ideal in unpleasant weather.

Hotels in this area are pricey but was this worth the price we paid - no, probably not. Would we

3  Thank RichardC63

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am sorry you found some things lacking. We take all feedback on board and I will be raising all of your comments with my management team to ensure that we put corrective measures in place.

We do have a few members of the team who are younger, but this is because we believe in investing in the future generation of hoteliers. We provide them with full training and support them whilst they study for their catering qualifications and the vast majority of our guests appreciate this investment.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

My husband and I have just returned from a lovely couple of days in the Bath area. We stayed at the Homewood Spa Hotel- what a lovely place in such beautiful surroundings.Whilst we were happy with the bedroom, the breakfast and quality of facilities, we were really disappointed with the level of service we received, very surprising for a 4* Hotel as we stay in many hotels during the course of a year and have mostly good experiences of similar hotels. There was no one to welcome us in reception and we waited a good while before anyone came to check us in. We went into the Spa in the afternoon which was very nice. Unfortunately however, the phone in that area only worked intermittently and we weren’t able to order any drinks (the masseur who we had spoken to said it said the phone was dodgy!). Why then if people knew it didn’t work properly had no one come and mended it. Also, would it be too difficult for a waiter to pop down from time to time to take orders? A bit of friendly service?? The most disappointing aspect was the following morning. It says the spa opens at 8am. We signed in (there was no one at the reception) then arrived about 8.20am but the pool cover was still on and the sauna and steam room were stone cold and not on at all. We went back into the main hotel (still no one on the spa reception and phone still not working) and found a waiter who said the electrics must have ‘tripped off.’ In fact, the lady on main reception told us later that no one had turned up to put things on – apparently this is normally done soon after 7am to give time for things to heat up.
It therefore meant that we weren’t able to make use of the facilities as even 1/2 hour later nothing was hot enough. Frankly, I found this appalling for a hotel advertising itself as a Spa Hotel and it really spoilt my enjoyment of the time there as I was looking forward to this aspect. I have raised this with the staff and feel we should have been compensated as we were unable to enjoy the facilities as advertised. However, although I got an apology I got the distinct feeling that they didn't really care. My husband and I were left with the overall opinion that this hotel is undoubtedly in a lovely place and the facilities are really good. However, if the service is this poor (the hotel was clearly understaffed) then it leaves you disappointment - we expected better.

Dear Mr & Mrs Tait,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us, I’m sorry to read you felt our apologies in response to your to email was not suffice to the shortcomings of your stay with us, as explained previously I am glad to read that you were happy with the breakfast, bedroom and quality of facilities.

Again, please accept my apologies, I am very disappointed that it spoilt the end of your time with us. The receptionist at the time of your arrival was dealing with another guest at the time- sorry that you had to wait for a few minutes before being seen to. Unfortunately we were unable to fix the problem with the spa phone on site so we are awaiting a replacement phone for the spa which will be here very shortly, in the meantime the spa phone works for the majority of the phone calls we receive from the spa. We initially thought the electrics had tripped before finding out that sauna and steam room were in fact turned off, these rooms take around 20-30 minutes to heat so should have been hot enough for use.

I do hope that you will return to Homewood Park in the near future so we are able to show you that we pride ourselves on excellent customer service and do our utmost for all of our guests that stay with us.

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Our suite was out of this world the staff were very helpful all had the makings of the perfect weekend break, however the food was very disappointing especially the cold very stingy breakfast...half a mushroom, half a tomato, one small rasher of bacon & raw potatoes! On a more positive note the spa is lovely as was my massage but unfortunately my manicure was terrible & I couldn't wait to sort it out myself. I hope my review is helpful & my criticism is constructive this house is truly stunning

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Jessica B

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on your stay.

I am so pleased to read how happy you were with your Suite and found the staff very helpful.

I am, however, disappointed to read that the food was not to your taste, it’s very rare that we receive negative comments about the food, but I will pass your comments onto the Kitchen team.

We hope to welcome you back to Homewood Park Hotel at some point over the summer months.

Kind Regards,

#22 of 34 in Bath
The Royal Crescent Hotel & Spa
Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel
The Roseate Villa Bath

Been to Homewood Park Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!