Arriving at the hotel you are greeted by beautiful grounds and a country manor style building very picturesque, we were lucky enough to be upgraded to a junior suite which was a fantastic room with a huge bathroom rolltop bath and outside area with table and chairs.
When we used the spa we were surprised to see how small it was (from the pictures on the website we expected it to be bigger) there are a lack of loungers only a handful instead of an indoor pool its a very small hydropool which has a maximum capacity of 8 people so I'm not sure how this works when the hotel is full must be pretty cosy! was also surprised that there was no gym on site.
The outdoor pool was nice and warm and the steam and sauna lovely, unfortunately there were a lot of children running around so doesn't make for much relaxation would be better as a child free zone to allow people to relax.
We had breakfast in the restaurant, I must admit if I had paid the price they charge I would be very disappointed with just 1 sausage 1 rasher of bacon 1 piece of black pudding and oddly some boiled potatoes?! that said although quantity was lacking the quality was good. Would be nice if refills were offered rather than you having to keep ask for more coffee or tea.
All in all a lovely hotel and rooms, but slightly overpriced for what you get.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Homewood park Hotel & Spa A luxury hotel country house hotel in Bath with a warm and welcoming fusion of the contemporary and the classic. Set in 10 acres of mature parklands and award-winning gardens with gorgeous views over of the beautiful Limpley Stoke valley, Homewood Park is delightfully rural and peaceful, making it a great hotel in Bath. Step inside and you will find the house still retains many of its original features, including exposed wooden floors, antique paintings and roaring log fires, all artfully combined with stylish modern furnishings, fabrics and finishes. During your stay, you can also enjoy our luxury hotel spa which includes a hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room and heated outside swimming pool. Our award winning restaurant provides fine dining at the highest quality, another great reason to stay at Homewood Park. The result of this, is a great Bath hotel with a refreshing fusion of the conventional and contemporary cool and chic We are certainly very happy to accommodate and cater for children of all ages. We are also a pet-friendly hotel and for a small fee we are delighted to welcome your dog. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Homewood Park Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Park Hotel And Spa
- Homewood Park Hotel Hinton Charterhouse
- Homewood Park Somerset
- Homewood Park Hotel & Spa Bath/Hinton Charterhouse