We stayed here for two nights, Monday 24th and Tuesday 25 the June 2014 in room 2. The weather during our stay was very sunny and warm.
We are a family of four, 2 adults and 2 children, one 3 and a half going on 13 and one 5 and a half months. The room was plenty big enough for us, a huge bed, a cot, and a single pop up bed for little un, and with a lovely view of the garden all a bonus.
We used the spa on our arrival, after having everything explained to us by a very welcoming front of house. The pool was lovely and warm and the steam room, sauna and bubble pool all very nice and clean.
We decided to eat on the lawn both nights we were there, we chose from the bar menu, great service, very friendly and amazing food, especially the club sandwich! We didn't eat in the restaurant so can't comment, but going by the food we had I'm sure it would be 5 star.
Breakfast was very nice, plenty of choice, great cooked breakfast, very well presented.
We all had a lovely stay, the staff young yet courteous, nothing too much hassle or bother, room service was fantastic too!
My only grip was the room was very hot at night, I know the weather was hot, but we still had a 10.5 tog duvet on the bed, it would be good if they could offer the choice of a summer duvet. Also, I'm not sure of the feasibility of this, but putting in air conditioning, even if a stand alone plug in unit in the room on the hotter days/guest request.
I would definitely recommend the hotel and spa, and would stay here again without question.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Homewood park Hotel & Spa A luxury hotel country house hotel in Bath with a warm and welcoming fusion of the contemporary and the classic. Set in 10 acres of mature parklands and award-winning gardens with gorgeous views over of the beautiful Limpley Stoke valley, Homewood Park is delightfully rural and peaceful, making it a great hotel in Bath. Step inside and you will find the house still retains many of its original features, including exposed wooden floors, antique paintings and roaring log fires, all artfully combined with stylish modern furnishings, fabrics and finishes. During your stay, you can also enjoy our luxury hotel spa which includes a hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room and heated outside swimming pool. Our award winning restaurant provides fine dining at the highest quality, another great reason to stay at Homewood Park. The result of this, is a great Bath hotel with a refreshing fusion of the conventional and contemporary cool and chic We are certainly very happy to accommodate and cater for children of all ages. We are also a pet-friendly hotel and for a small fee we are delighted to welcome your dog. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Park Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Park Hotel And Spa
- Homewood Park Hotel Hinton Charterhouse
- Homewood Park Somerset
- Homewood Park Hotel & Spa Bath/Hinton Charterhouse