I feel compelled to write this review as I have received no response from the hotel manager of my disappointment.
I treated my elderly mother to a spa afternoon with tea for a special birthday treat on 2/07/14. Unfortunately I was left feeling very disappointed that my spa treatment had been cut short by 10 minutes.
We booked two 25 minute back neck and shoulder massages for mum at 14.30 and myself at 15.00. We were not advised to be ready and waiting early at all but decided to be there five minutes early at 14.25 by the Spa clock.
The therapist arrived at 14.30 and asked us to complete lenghty treatment consultation forms which took at least 6 minutes for my mother as she is elderly and had numerous massage contra-indications to note.
My mother went in for her treatment at 14.36 and came out at 15.04
I had completed my consultation form while mother had her treatment.
I went in for my treatment at 15.07 and was out by 15.20 (total of 13 minutes treatment) by the spa clock. I was not aware of the time until I had come out and my mother said 'What are you doing out so early' the therapist was busy preparing for her next client by then.
At no point was an explanation given to us and we left feeling very disappointed especially when we were asked to pay £45.00 each on departure and our complaint made to feel irrelevant.
Not the perfect spa experience I had planned for my mother as she also felt let down.
I myself am a Complementary Therapist and would feel it very unprofessional to cut short a client's treatment time and a consultation is always additional.
Having had no response from the hotel management I felt it necessary to write this in a hope that others don't encounter similar experience's on a very special occasion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Homewood park Hotel & Spa A luxury hotel country house hotel in Bath with a warm and welcoming fusion of the contemporary and the classic. Set in 10 acres of mature parklands and award-winning gardens with gorgeous views over of the beautiful Limpley Stoke valley, Homewood Park is delightfully rural and peaceful, making it a great hotel in Bath. Step inside and you will find the house still retains many of its original features, including exposed wooden floors, antique paintings and roaring log fires, all artfully combined with stylish modern furnishings, fabrics and finishes. During your stay, you can also enjoy our luxury hotel spa which includes a hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room and heated outside swimming pool. Our award winning restaurant provides fine dining at the highest quality, another great reason to stay at Homewood Park. The result of this, is a great Bath hotel with a refreshing fusion of the conventional and contemporary cool and chic We are certainly very happy to accommodate and cater for children of all ages. We are also a pet-friendly hotel and for a small fee we are delighted to welcome your dog. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Lastminute, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Homewood Park Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Park Hotel Hinton Charterhouse
- Homewood Park Hotel And Spa
- Homewood Park Somerset
- Homewood Park Hotel & Spa Bath/Hinton Charterhouse