“Impressed and would return”

Homewood Park Hotel & Spa
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I traveled here in May 2014 with my family (husband, a toddler and an infant) and my in-laws. We booked two deluxe rooms in the original part of the hotel, both overlooking the gardens. The hotel had a very peaceful, tranquil feel yet at the same time I felt we were welcomed with our (well-behaved) children. Breakfast was in the restaurant downstairs - a very good selection and friendly service.

The rooms themselves were just what I was looking for - unique and individual. We had one room at the corner of the hotel which was very spacious - perfect for a family with two small children. We had plenty of room even with two mattresses for the children on the floor. There were windows that opened onto the gardens, with climbing roses right outside.

I did not use the spa myself, but my in-laws did and they seemed to enjoy the facilities very much. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel and look forward to returning.

Room Tip: I would much prefer the rooms in the main house instead of the "Master Suites" which were...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Homewood Park Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Arrived on a Wednesday for a spa experience.. I recommend you book before arrival!
Our first experience of staying at Homewood Park.. first impressions were not disappointing, beautiful surrounding and well kept gardens. We had room 20..very pleased, spacious, clean and very comfortable... bathroom a delight!! Our treatment, Hot stone massage and taster facial were wonderful and relaxing. Highly recommend Florence, who was friendly and professional throughout the treatment. The spa also sported a jacuzzi, steam room, sauna and an outside heated swimming pool which was beautifully maintained.
Along with the hard working, professional and attentive maintenance manager, Eric and Lauren the pleasant receptionist, we were made to feel very welcome. We ate an evening meal and breakfast. Our only negative is there appeared to be a reluctance to replenish breakfast pastries and not very generous with the butter! I advise you arrive early for breakfast... We took a walk around the grounds which made for some beautiful photographs. We hope to return next year. We Would have put a 5 but for the breakfast experience.

Room Tip: Room 20 was lovely, over looking the pool and spa.. There are also 2 separate private rooms with a s...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2014

spent two nights here and location is lovely. Atmosphere is nice and relaxing.
I know you are supposed to book spa treatments before you arrive in a place, but some of what is nice is being able to decided on this when you are actually at a place. In any event, everything was booked up for the two days that we were there, so didn't get to use the facilities.
Food quality was good, but on one of the nights, we did not have a starter and waited an hour and a half for our main course. When it came it was cold. There was an apology for the delay from the waiting staff, but no explanation.
We had a suite and it was nice and spacious. Superb bathroom. Although when I ran a bath it was about a quarter full before the water ran cold. Complimentary toiletries were not replaced on second day and box of tissues were left with the one on the top for the design, but nothing else in the box. A little skimpy at the edges which is not what you expect.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AMWhelehan
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I feel compelled to write this review as I have received no response from the hotel manager of my disappointment.
I treated my elderly mother to a spa afternoon with tea for a special birthday treat on 2/07/14. Unfortunately I was left feeling very disappointed that my spa treatment had been cut short by 10 minutes.
We booked two 25 minute back neck and shoulder massages for mum at 14.30 and myself at 15.00. We were not advised to be ready and waiting early at all but decided to be there five minutes early at 14.25 by the Spa clock.
The therapist arrived at 14.30 and asked us to complete lenghty treatment consultation forms which took at least 6 minutes for my mother as she is elderly and had numerous massage contra-indications to note.
My mother went in for her treatment at 14.36 and came out at 15.04
I had completed my consultation form while mother had her treatment.
I went in for my treatment at 15.07 and was out by 15.20 (total of 13 minutes treatment) by the spa clock. I was not aware of the time until I had come out and my mother said 'What are you doing out so early' the therapist was busy preparing for her next client by then.
At no point was an explanation given to us and we left feeling very disappointed especially when we were asked to pay £45.00 each on departure and our complaint made to feel irrelevant.
Not the perfect spa experience I had planned for my mother as she also felt let down.
I myself am a Complementary Therapist and would feel it very unprofessional to cut short a client's treatment time and a consultation is always additional.
Having had no response from the hotel management I felt it necessary to write this in a hope that others don't encounter similar experience's on a very special occasion.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Melinda B
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Went as a group. The hotel was nice in pleasant surroundings and service was good. The price was way, way too expensive. Over £200 per night and those who could only stay for one of the two nights paid well over £300. When we finished our allotted wine at dinner the cheapest bottle of red was £30 extra. Particularly those who were paying over £300 were not impressed at £2.50 extra for a kipper at breakfast. At checkout they tried to charge me the full price even though I had paid Venere in full a couple of months before. Not surprisingly many of our group stayed at a nearby hotel instead which is what I would advise.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank sadandy
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Excellent 'Manor House' style hotel in beautiful gardens.
Spa is excellent with outdoor pool, indoor whirlpool for 8 and sauna & steam room. Friendly helpful staff.
Good restaurant food but pricy. Wine good but very pricy.
Room 3 palatial and quiet.
Booked through 'Secret Escapes' which included £35 per head for 'Dinner'. Very surprised to find that this excluded drinks which were automatically charged extra. Our 'food only' bill fell below £35 per head so we lost that money - luckily not much as we had eaten heartily. Also surprised to find 10% service added to bills without prior notice.
The Spa, whilst an excellent facility, proved a disappointment. Having booked into the hotel and requesting manicure and massage were told nothing was available as they were booked up solid. So, if you want Spa services, book them before you book the hotel!

Room Tip: Room 3 if you need one large bed.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I never give 5 stars but I came very close with Homewood Park Hotel and spa. Our room(no 20) was spacious and very comfortable with a view over the swimming pol to the spa. The bathroom with its own mezzanine was enormous. We ate twice in the restaurant and the food is approaching Michelin star standard,
The spa was excellent with a very good massage, facial and pedicure. The heated pool was a delight. Oodles of towels and comfortable beds.
Service was warm and casual but efficient. We are trying to find time for another visit in the near future.

Room Tip: $Rooms in the old building are full of character.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Combe Grove Hotel
Combe Grove Hotel
#21 of 31 in Bath
Bailbrook House Hotel

Been to Homewood Park Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!