We spent 2 nights at this hotel last week. It is a stunning character property situated in beautifully maintained grounds. The spa is a real positive aspect of this hotel. It is well maintained - the pool, sauna and steam room are wonderful. We had a lovely time, however, we did feel that the hotel was definitely overpriced for the service received (many other reviewers have suggested the same) For example, you have to pay extra if you would like smoked salmon or haddock from the breakfast menu.
Based on our experience I would also highly recommend booking a table at Brasserie Blanc in Bath for dinner - fantastic value for money and a great ambiance. Only a 15 minute drive from the hotel.
Positives and negatives in brief:
+ spa towels were plentiful
+ spa & changing facilities clean and well maintained, lovely pool
+ room 12 beautifully furnished and lovely comfortable size.
+ luxurious bath robes.
+ very friendly and helpful staff
+ beautiful grounds
- no mini bar in rooms (this would be expected in a 4* hotel)
- no face cloths or tooth mugs provided in bathroom
- only 7 loungers around pool - definitely not enough for number of hotel rooms (20-22 rooms)
- breakfast very basic and top ups have to be requested rather than noticed by staff
- hotel ran out of brown bread & orange juice after 20 mins of serving breakfast - go early!
- breakfast service staff rather forgetful, they forgot our cooked order.
Overall we had a lovely stay but you may well feel cheated by the shortcomings if you have paid full price for your stay. It is a wonderful place that just needs a little more attention to detail to make it worth the cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Homewood park Hotel & Spa A luxury hotel country house hotel in Bath with a warm and welcoming fusion of the contemporary and the classic. Set in 10 acres of mature parklands and award-winning gardens with gorgeous views over of the beautiful Limpley Stoke valley, Homewood Park is delightfully rural and peaceful, making it a great hotel in Bath. Step inside and you will find the house still retains many of its original features, including exposed wooden floors, antique paintings and roaring log fires, all artfully combined with stylish modern furnishings, fabrics and finishes. During your stay, you can also enjoy our luxury hotel spa which includes a hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room and heated outside swimming pool. Our award winning restaurant provides fine dining at the highest quality, another great reason to stay at Homewood Park. The result of this, is a great Bath hotel with a refreshing fusion of the conventional and contemporary cool and chic We are certainly very happy to accommodate and cater for children of all ages. We are also a pet-friendly hotel and for a small fee we are delighted to welcome your dog. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Lastminute, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Park Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Park Hotel Hinton Charterhouse
- Homewood Park Hotel And Spa
- Homewood Park Somerset
- Homewood Park Hotel & Spa Bath/Hinton Charterhouse