I have grudgingly given this hotel a 4 star rating but I'm not sure it is wholly merited - 3 and a half would be be nearer the mark, for reasons which shall become apparent in my review. The hotel is a lovely building set in spacious grounds that at first glance are impressive but on closer inspection are in need of judicious pruning and weeding - just enough has been done to keep them tidy but it's all top show - look more closely and you can see that more work is required. The same applies to the dining experience: a well-appointed dining room with an appetising-sounding menu but when the food arrives the portions are small and over-priced. The addition of a table d'hote menu would be welcome. At breakfast the bacon was overcooked and hard, the scrambled eggs pale and not creamy enough, and the coffee was just plain dreadful (stewed and bitter). However, we had no complaints about the room, which was spacious and well furnished with a comfortable (huge) bed, although we did notice that some of the furniture was a bit 'knocked about' and worse for wear. My husband went down to the spa just after 8 am for a swim but the pool was closed and there was no sign of any members of staff. Although we thought the hotel itself was very attractive we did feel that it could do better, especially given the price it is charging, for which one would expect everything to be tip-top perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Homewood park Hotel & Spa A luxury hotel country house hotel in Bath with a warm and welcoming fusion of the contemporary and the classic. Set in 10 acres of mature parklands and award-winning gardens with gorgeous views over of the beautiful Limpley Stoke valley, Homewood Park is delightfully rural and peaceful, making it a great hotel in Bath. Step inside and you will find the house still retains many of its original features, including exposed wooden floors, antique paintings and roaring log fires, all artfully combined with stylish modern furnishings, fabrics and finishes. During your stay, you can also enjoy our luxury hotel spa which includes a hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room and heated outside swimming pool. Our award winning restaurant provides fine dining at the highest quality, another great reason to stay at Homewood Park. The result of this, is a great Bath hotel with a refreshing fusion of the conventional and contemporary cool and chic We are certainly very happy to accommodate and cater for children of all ages. We are also a pet-friendly hotel and for a small fee we are delighted to welcome your dog. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Homewood Park Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Park Hotel And Spa
- Homewood Park Hotel Hinton Charterhouse
- Homewood Park Somerset
- Homewood Park Hotel & Spa Bath/Hinton Charterhouse