I had an overnight spa stay with my friend .
Our stay was generally enjoyable, and the surroundings beautiful. But there were a number of small points, that although perhaps insignificant in themselves, have made it unlikely that we will return to Homewood Park.
My friend and I are regular Spa-Breakers, and were pleased to find Homewood Park on our doorstep, but were disappointed by the following:
1. There were no facilities in our room for making tea or coffee. In even the most basic seaside B&B’s I have always had those facilities in the room. We ordered 2 pots of tea in our room, but at a cost of £7.00 it is not a ‘luxury’ I would enjoy twice. With just one bottle of water provided in the room, we were both very thirsty when we woke, and had no way of making a drink for ourselves. On checking out I mentioned this to the receptionist who told me that a kettle etc were available on request. If that is the case, why were we charged £7 for tea in the room?
2. It seems such a shame that the pool is outside, as the weather was too cold for us to enjoy it, and it seems that the pool maintenance man is fighting a losing battle keeping it clear of debris from neighbouring trees. From the layout of the spa, it seems that it would be relatively simple to cover the pool area.
3. We ordered breakfast in our room but when it arrived the juice had been forgotten, along with one set of cutlery, one pot of tea and cup, and no butter for the toast. One of the cooked breakfasts was completely wrong, and when I informed reception they told us we had ticked the wrong boxes. Maybe I could accept that if one of the items had been wrong, but as I had only ordered 3 items, and there were 4 wrong ones on the plate I can’t see how that would be the case.
4. The DVD player in our room was not working and after calling reception, the night porter came to see if he could find out why. After some time, we realised there was no scart lead from the TV to the DVD player, and so were unable to watch the film we had brought with us.
5. Our break included 2 glasses of champagne, which we were not provided with.
For a hotel of the calibre and cost of Homewood Park, these are simple things that I would expect to be provided as a matter of course.
There are so many Hotel Spas in our area I feel that these matters are the difference between a return visit or looking elsewhere.
On a positive note, I must say that restaurant food was very good , the staff polite and helpful, and the rooms were spacious and very comfortable.
I did write a letter to the manager of Homewood on 19th September, but so far have received no acknowledgment or reply.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Homewood park Hotel & Spa A luxury hotel country house hotel in Bath with a warm and welcoming fusion of the contemporary and the classic. Set in 10 acres of mature parklands and award-winning gardens with gorgeous views over of the beautiful Limpley Stoke valley, Homewood Park is delightfully rural and peaceful, making it a great hotel in Bath. Step inside and you will find the house still retains many of its original features, including exposed wooden floors, antique paintings and roaring log fires, all artfully combined with stylish modern furnishings, fabrics and finishes. During your stay, you can also enjoy our luxury hotel spa which includes a hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room and heated outside swimming pool. Our award winning restaurant provides fine dining at the highest quality, another great reason to stay at Homewood Park. The result of this, is a great Bath hotel with a refreshing fusion of the conventional and contemporary cool and chic We are certainly very happy to accommodate and cater for children of all ages. We are also a pet-friendly hotel and for a small fee we are delighted to welcome your dog. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Homewood Park Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Park Hotel Hinton Charterhouse
- Homewood Park Hotel And Spa
- Homewood Park Somerset
- Homewood Park Hotel & Spa Bath/Hinton Charterhouse