“cold !”
Review of The Rose & Crown

The Rose & Crown
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We spent last night here, and sorry to say that our room (5) was very cold.The radiators, although turned up to their full potential, were just luke warm to touch. The electric heater provided only stayed on when you stood and held it in a certain position!! No good atall.

At breakfast time,..perhaps( because they were quiet), but there was no display of cereals etc, and when I asked for fresh fruit, there was none available??!!. And we were allowed just the one drink, any more given were at an additional cost.

However.....on a more positive note, our beds were comfortable, and I did ring earlier in the morning to mention the temperature of the room, and the lady I spoke to was apologetic, and did offer to come out and have a look, but my husband was still in bed, so not convenient.

When I paid the bill, I did complain (which I dont find easy) and again she was most pleasant, and apologised again, and did infact give me a discount, which I was happy with., Doubt we will stay again, but if we should.. we will ring the Rose and Crown direct, and perhaps ask a room in the main building to ensure of some heat !!!

Room Tip: try for a main building room, a lot warmer
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I run Honey Tour Company in Napa California and am always asked for recommendations for places to stay and eat. If the Rose and Crown were in my Wine Country I would put them high on my list.
We went in on a cold and dreary night in November and were surprised at the warm welcome and cozy setting, with a couple of fires going. The food and service was great.
There were a lot of locals at the bar and the atmosphere was very homey. I wanted to settle in for the night.
Definately a place to visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank honeywinetours
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We have been there for just one night, but the place was simply very nice. We enjoyed the food near a wood fireplace. The pub was typical for the area and the mass of tourists was left behind in Bath (15 minutes by car). The food was very nice and at a reasonable price ( around 10 £ for a main), while the staff was welcoming and enjoyable. The room was tidy, clean and warm. One day I will definitely go back there.

Room Tip: get shower after 7:30 as the heating start around this time.
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I find myself working in Bath once a week and the Rose & Crown has become my regular "stop-over".....why I hear you ask? Many reasons:-
*Convenience - easy journey into Bath, avoiding the overcrowded A36 or A4.
*Great Value - competitively priced rooms and food
*Great Food - always a good choice of specials in addition to a very full menu, well cooked & generous helpings.
*Good rooms - comfortable beds, bright, great showers
*Lovely staff - all the staff are friendly, helpful and look after you.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Excellent pub and hotel, staff are very welcoming, nothing too much trouble.
Room was extremely comfortable, very clean although the bathroom was small it was more than adequate.
The pub serves well cooked food all at very reasonable prices. We would definitely stay here again. All round very good value for money.

Room Tip: No experience of ore than one room
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Excellent rooms , warm and bright and clean.
Best shower ever!

Excellent service , and the food in the restaurant was absolutley gorgeous.
Service was a little slow , but i put this down to them squeezing me in last minute , would recommend you book a table in advance as its very popular and quite rightly deserved.

This is not in the city centre as some reviews have marked it down for , but that isnt what we were looking for , and were pleasantly surprised at how nice it was after booking
a last minute bargain getaway.

We went into Bath the next day and its a short drive and parking is easy.

Room Tip: Room 2 is gorgeous and best shower ever!!
Reviewed 5 November 2013

My husband and I booked a table on a Saturday night which turned out to be one of the wettest weekends for some time. Horrendous journey to the pub through flooded country lanes. Car park packed as was the pub - all tables in the pub and restaurant full. Lucky we had booked.
We were seated immediately in the bar area and drink orders taken. We both ordered the mixed grill so decided to miss a starter - just as well as the plate was full - steak/bacon/sausages/black pudding/egg/mushrooms and tomatoes plus a separate portion of chips each - we both agreed the steak was very tender and no fat. The whole meal was very good. My husband managed to eat all but I did struggle.
Good selection of food on the menu plus there is the option to have a smaller meal.
Excellent value for money and we will have no hesitation booking again.

Room Tip: This is a very popular pub and strongly advise to book in advance especially if a Friday or Saturday...
1  Thank LAD63
#14 of 159 in Bath
Waterhouse
Waterhouse
#1 of 3 in Monkton Combe

Been to The Rose & Crown? Share your experiences!