“afternoon tea”

Restaurant at Homewood Park
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant at Homewood Park is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$13 - US$43
Cuisines: French, British
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The Restaurant serves the finest in modern English cuisine and is one of the most popular restaurants in Bath. This superb award winning and locally acclaimed Bath restaurant, is famed for the technique, flair and imagination of the dishes. Head Chef, Simon Addison, designs the menus and takes great pride in everything he creates and serves for guests. Boasting two AA rosettes for culinary excellence, a certificate of excellence from Tripadvisor, a Diners choice award from Opentable, listed in the top hotel restaurants in Somerset (Somerset Life). The Restaurant at Homewood Park, Bath - for a sublime dining experience in one of the city's top restaurants.
Reviewed 18 August 2014

lovely setting, friendly service and delicious cakes. Well presented and all very relaxing and pleasant.

Jacob B, Manager at Restaurant at Homewood Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2014

Such a lovely review, thank you.

So pleased to read that the setting and the welcome made you feel so grand. Feedback such as this is essential in assisting us is improving and maintaining the product and service we aspire to offer.

Your kind words have been shared with the team and we very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back before too long.

kind regards,

Jacob Bartlomiejczyk

Reviewed 16 August 2014

My sister & I went here for afternoon tea, it is quite impressive when you drive in with beautiful grounds & building. After being shown into the restaurant, which is elegantly decorated, over looking the garden, we were asked what our tea choice was. All the staff we encountered where pleasant, BUT, after our afternoon tea had been delivered to us, which consisted of 3 finger sandwiches each, 4 small cakes each & 2 scones each with jam & cream, the staff were very unattentive, not one person came to ask us if everything was ok, which for this standard of hotel was rather surprising! After we had about one & a half cups of tea, I had to go out of the restaurant to find a staff member to ask for some hot water, as a separate pot had not been delivered with the tea?! There was not a single member of staff visible anywhere, not even at the reception desk, after waiting around for a few minutes a lady walked past me, then turned back & asked if I was ok, I think she was from the spa, I explained I would like hot water & 2 glasses of cold water, & this duly arrived after about 5 mins. This lack of service just tainted the whole experience really, I don't want staff to be hovering around constantly, but their "work station" is not in the restaurant it is in the corridor, it would just be nice to see some presence in the restaurant after your food has been delivered, & when we left, there we still no staff visible anywhere?! In my opinion this is something the Management need to address, it would put me off returning. But having read some reviews on tripadvisor, the hotel does not seem to comment, so perhaps they are not bothered by their customers opinions?

1  Thank ayleyb
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I was taken to this restaurant by my two daughters for my 70th birthday lunch. We had a private dining room for 10 of us. Champagne was served in the lounge to begin as we looked at the Sunday lunch menu. There was a good choice, beautifully presented, and the two children were able to share a portion. The lovely gardens provided a relaxing stroll after coffee on the terrace.
I look forward to returning to use my present of a Spa Day at Homewood. A lovely day to remember. Thanks to all the staff.

at_homewoodpark, General Manager at Restaurant at Homewood Park, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

It was our pleasure Susielizzy2013,

The team are thrilled with your kind feedback, it makes it all worth while when a guest leaves happy and takes away fond memories.

Look forward to seeing you again soon in the Spa!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Limited choice which made choosing much easier. Having eaten twice we would have been tempted to go again to taste the other options.!!

Thank you for your kind words. We choose a smaller menu to ensure we are always using the freshest, local ingredients and we believe this shows in the quality of taste of flavour.

We have recently introduced our new tasting menu which you must come and try!!!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Excellent. I really, really enjoyed our meal. Food and service superb, in a beautifully appointed room with lovely outlook.

1  Thank JanMay67
at_homewoodpark, Manager at Restaurant at Homewood Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Hello JanMay67,

Thank you so much for your kind words. The team and i are thrilled with such positive comments. I am glad you enjoyed the view through our bay windows overlooking our award winning gardens - definitely an enviable view.

Look forward to welcoming you back soon,
Claire Swift