“Good value for money”

Ranked #1 of 1 Billingford B&B and Inns
Derby, United Kingdom
“Good value for money”
Reviewed 14 August 2012 via mobile

Rooms had everything you need and were clean. The Horseshoes is an old fashioned pub with service to match, when we said we may arrive after dinner service time the landlady said she would keep the kitchen open if we were delayed, you don't get service like that everywhere. Food was good and presented nicely. Worth the money we paid.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Suffolk
Reviewed 13 August 2012

On our way back from Diss me and my family desired a luxurious pub meal which when passing the Horse Shoes pub in Billingford we thought that as we had never visited the pub that they would possibly stand up to our expectations......I was wrong!
When entering the pub we was welcomed with what I call...A country stare! After being shown to our table we acknockledged the full pub experience with a small taste of flys on a sticky strip next to were we where sitting. In total we waited for over an hour for our food and as I have a two year old...He was not happy either with waiting for this long. On the arrival of the food we can confirm that the quality was not good at all especially for how long it took to prepare. My partners comment was....Don't have the Lasagne! :(
Also whilst sitting at the table we noticed that the whole place would have been shut down in the real world as they had a bolt and a huge lock on THE FIRE EXIT!!! Clearly this is not the REAL WORLD!

Overall dissapointed!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Dan B

Travellers are raving about these Billingford hotels

Newcastle
Reviewed 16 June 2012

On my business travels again and needd somewhere south of Norwich near the A143. I normally opt for a pub with good food, comfortable accomodation and genial hosts..... well 2 out of 3 aint bad!
I was afforded a warm welcome and shown to my room adjoining the pub which was spacious and clean with a very comfortable bed.
The host is the epitome of the county roadside pub landlord, well travelled and well educated in the world and its wares. There was a good range of real ales but being a lager man I opted for the Fosters but became slightly concerned when the landlord proceeded to pull off a pint of water, this continued for several pints, much to the mirth of the locals at the bar. However, once the pipes were cleared he produced one of the best pints of Fosters I have ever had.
The only downside was the food. The menu is pretty basic and indicates a range of meals that can be produced without too much gastronomic skill. I opted for the specials board selecting slow cooked beef stew with root vegetables and mushrooms but was dissapointed with its blandness. If it had been served with some crusty bread for example to mop up the stew it might have been better. The breakfast next day was well prepared and very good.
Overall a nice place to stay as a stop off through the county as it is situated near the main arteries. Would call again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Harleston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We live a couple of miles from Billingford Horseshoes. We know we can always rely on a good meal and friendly welcome at this venue. My husband loves the fact that Adams comes from barrel not piped. On one occasion we were looking for a pub that was open between Dunwich and home the only one we could find was Billingford. Only reason to go anywhere else is maybe menu after lots of visits to same place you need to try something different. But we always go back. Obviously we don't use B & B facility

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Cambs, UK
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I and colleagues have visited this pub on several occaisions on our frequent journeys to the Suffolk coast. Food is always good and mostly seems to be freshly prepared. On the last visit there was a very obnoxious bunch in the main bar, with bad language flying about. I was a bit disappointed that the staff did not ask them to keep it down as I was with my wife and really didn't want to hear that sort of abusive language. As I said, the food and the staff are good and I would definitely go back but a word to the landlord to keep behaviour in check please. We might not all appreciate loud and foul mouthed locals spoiling an otherwise nice visit to a good stopping off venue.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
DARWEN, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Only stayed one night. I was on a motorcycle trip around the area. Lovely warm welcome from the barman (owner?) despite problems behind the bar with the glassswasher. Locals and guests got the same curteous treatment.
Room was fine, clean and 'homely'. Breakfast was good, cereal, fruit juice, full english and coffee (Rambouts Filter coffee - a blast from the past).
I didn't notice any road noise (although I was 'cream crackered' from a days riding).
If I was in the area, I would stay again. Great to see a 'proper' pub instead of the usual chain affair.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Welcoming staff and easy to find. Rooms were basic and the twin room I stayed in was nicely fitted out but mattress very uncomfortable, no shelf or hanging capability in bathroom and bins not been emptied since last guest. Mum had double room which was nicer. However be prepared for the noise from the busy main road, kitchen down below, extractor fan that goes on at 7am and turns off at 9.30pm, neighbours out back have dog that barked for most of night along with their small child that screamed alot....all noises that pub have no control over. Food plentiful. Would I stay there again....NO. Would I recommend it to friends or family....NO.

Room Tip: Take ear plugs