We used this Hotel for a stop over when travelling to deepest Scotland. We gathered from the website that the hotel was used for weddings and were a little worried that this may impact on our stay. However on the night we stayed it appeared to be free of any groups.
We did not arrive at the hotel until after 2330hrs and were met by a lovely lady who sorted out our room and also kept the bar open long enough for us to sate our thirst.
When we booked I thought we were booking a twin room ( the only room left) but on arrival found we had a double room, this was excellent news for us but may have caused a problem for someone else.
The room was in the main hotel and was very nice indeed.
One thing that others may need to note is that the room (18) is above the kitchen and there is noise from the extract fan, we however needed to be up early and the said fan was a useful alarm clock.
Breakfast was very nicely presented , with plenty of choice and delivered by cheerful staff.
Overall our stay was a very pleasant experience. We will now be using this hotel whenever we travel to Scotland in future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family run hotel specializing in good food and wines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Book Direct Rooms, Expedia, Ebookers and HotelsClick so you can book your Solway Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solway Hotel Gretna Green
- Solway Lodge Hotel Gretna, Scotland