Just returned from a three night stay at the Solway Lodge which we used as a base for my stepdaughters wedding at the Gretna Green Blacksmiths Shop, and I have just one complaint. This was that I couldn't find fault with a single thing. And I am very well known for doing just that!
I have stayed at many hotels in the UK and Europe, and can honestly say that this was the best of the lot.
The whole staff team are so friendly and approachable, that it made our stay here perfect. Ian the manager is an amazing guy, always ready to give advice when needed. And nothing is too much trouble for any of the staff.
We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis, but dined in the hotel each night as the food was so good.
There is a bus stop right outside the hotel, so if you fancy a trip into Dumfries or Carlisle there is an hourly service. The train station is about 15 minutes walk with trains to Glasgow and Carlisle.
All in all, we had a wonderful stay at the Solway, and although we had not planned to return, we will definitely make another visit in the not too distant future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family run hotel specializing in good food and wines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Book Direct Rooms, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Solway Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solway Hotel Gretna Green
- Solway Lodge Hotel Gretna, Scotland