“Not family friendly”
Review of The Gretna Inn

The Gretna Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gretna
The Gretna Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Gretna B&B and Inns
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Not family friendly”
Reviewed 5 July 2011

This is a review on the Restaurant & food

As we were stopping in Gretna elsewhere for a two night break we decided that on the evening we go to this pub for a nice evening bar meal On arrival I asked the bar man(Mr Stress – we nicked named him this because everything was a stress) if we needed to book although the restaurant wasn’t busy “AT All” he said there was a big wedding party coming in and that we’d be ok for tomorrow(Saturday) fair enough I thought so we got drinks and sat outside for about 1 hour ! we didn’t see any wedding party come..! On the Saturday we returned the place was dead but there was a sign saying no children in the bar after 9pm I challenged this as my kids are the type to run about and the place was dead .Mr stress the barman wouldn’t budge on this when I asked him. Yet there wasn’t an area for the kids to play safely as the pub is on a main road with open frontage . So 1st thing pub is family friendly, 2nly when the food came it was of a poor quality the three adults in my party had surf and turf and steak to be done rare omg the scampi was passable but the steak was black and nuked and the size of a postage stamp how the hell was that supposed to be 8oz I would say more like 8 Millograms, the food was below average I feel we had better food in the welcome break service station . And got too agree the toilets “STANK”

Although the rest of the pub is nicely decorated(don’t know about the rooms), I would say If you want a nice evening meal or you want your wedding dinner there I’d look around 1st there’s nicer places I hear in Gretna

PS Don’t give the barman too many things to order for his own health because he will stress and blow up one day

Shower rating (N/A)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Deb_Steve66

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2011

Stopped at the Crossways Inn for what would have been a couple of drinks...First thing I noticed was the can of coke I bought for my son was part of a MULTIPACK ok a rip off but can deal with that. What I couldnt deal with was after having a drink I needed to use the toilet..I can safely say they were the dirtiest toilets I have even been in, beyond description was the level of filth, and why there was a bottle of dishwashing Liquid (NO THERE WASNT ANY SOAP)on the handbasin I cant imagine..I cannot believe that anyone cou;ld eat here after seeing the filth, after all if this is the level of hygiene they put on public display what like are the kitchens? Needless to say I refused my husbands offer of a second drink!!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank cat114

Travellers are raving about these Gretna hotels

CARMARTHENSHIRE
Reviewed 6 November 2010

Our daughter's Wedding Day meal was a nightmare. Drinks on arrival, didn’t. Mother of the Bride cleared tables. Complained to the owner he said £20.00 off or you pay the full price! Saw waitress buy soup at garage down the road! Waitresses lovely!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank BURLEY1963
Reviewed 19 October 2010

Stopped in for food on a trip from Blackpool to Edinburgh. Looked very presentable from the outside and went in to order food. My wife and Mother in Law ordered the roast beat and I ordered the fish. The fish portion was the size of a kids meal and the beaf was deff not beaf and was served cold. When I complained they were just not interested.

• Stayed October 2010
kent
Reviewed 19 October 2010

the food was bad we booked a table for evening meal it was our anniversary,when we arrived the table was taken,we were shoved in a corner amongst locals,the food was very bad ,thrown on the plate,we didnt eat much as the staff werent very clean,they didnt know what they were doing,also it took ages to get a drink 1 bar staff.i would never return there and i hope people dont make the same mistake as us

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mazdano7
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2010

Dropped in here for an evening meal on an overnight caravan stop. If you want something to eat within a 2 hour timeframe, then don't visit this place, oh and if you want it to be warm when you get it this place should definitely be avoided. Dreadful advert for what should be a tourist trap for the scottish borders. This will definitely be my last visit.

Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jgrantgordon
Leicester
Reviewed 2 August 2010

This establisment was booked for a wedding reception and in spite of heavy snow we all managed to get to the venue but one elderly guest. Despite numerous phone calls they have failed to return the 'deposit' paid of £30 and charged us for the guest unable to attend. Fair enough (but mean) but no excuse to not return the deposit. My son and new wife do not have a lot an this would help out. The food was 'fair' but expensive, no where near worth the £12.99 cover.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank GrrMeister
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gretna
Hunters Lodge Hotel
Greens at Gretna
Greens at Gretna
#2 of 5 in Gretna
The Gretna Chase Hotel

Been to The Gretna Inn? Share your experiences!