“Disappointing”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We visited the Outlet Centre across the road and went here for lunch.
It was a bit pricy but we thought that was ok considering its location.gave it a ready made market.
My meal of homemade beef and ale pie was good.
My wife's meal of "large Atlantic cod", or something like that, was a very disappointing, small, over cooked piece of grey fish that tasted bad.
When we complained £2 was knocked off the ~£8.95 price (sorry I don't remember exactly) and we were told the chef also agreed it was unacceptable. Why did he serve it then? My wife would have preferred to change to what I had.
We thought £2 was not enough so asked for £5 and compromised on £4 after the staff asked for approval.
The staff were nice and seemed embarrassed. Unfortunately we cannot recommend eating here

• Visited December 2013

“Bad bad bad”
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

If you like frozen over priced food then come to the gretna inn, I got and fish and chips and I left the lot, when I complained at the bar they where rude I said I was not going to pay they told me that the police would get called and Must pay hahaha what a joke your business is, more concerned about the local drinkers.

1 Thank Joeninety21
“Bad bad bad”
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

Suffolk, United Kingdom
“Excellent Meals Here”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

This is a nice pub, welcoming and comfortable, with friendly and helpful staff. My partner and I ate here twice during our brief stay in Gretna and we enjoyed our meals very much. Thoroughly recommended.

Visited November 2013
Selkirk, United Kingdom
“Dreadful”
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Went here for lunch after shopping at the retail outlet and it was dire. We were greeted by being told that potatoes, paninis and toasted sandwiches were off the menu. I guess it was because the lunch service had finished but we weren't told that perhaps, better to wait until we were seated before telling us what wasn't available. We ordered three roast beef and a pasta to be told that the roast beef was finished....maybe it should have been wiped off the specials board? Two of us had lamb instead, it was ok, nothing startling. The pasta was almost inedible and far too spicy. This was eaten by a friend from the med...now she knows a thing or two about pasta and sauces but this was awful and clearly from a jar. The fish and chips was even worse, well, the chips were ok. The fish was frozen as opposed to fresh, despite the sign advertising fresh food, clearly they mean freshly cooked.

For any pub these days to serve frozen fish rather than fresh is poor but for one right next to the Solway Firth it is inexcusable. I couldn't eat it and for £8.25 it must have been a massive mark up because it couldn't have cost much to make, chips, a few carrots and a few peas. It was a tiny, cardboard portion, watery and tasting appalling.

The waitress said the menu was changing but to what...one without fish and chips? We suggested that the chef might like to consider fresh fish.
When paying the bill we mentioned the awful pasta to another waitress to which she replied, well it was Ariabatta, clearly that made it our fault in someway that the dreadful jar of sauce the chef had used was unpleasant.

Both waitresses said they'd tell the chef, let's hope it has the desired affect because if they're just cooking frozen fish and heating up sauces then they perhaps need to reconsider what diners want, they can't be too busy.

Probably one of the most over priced and awful meals I've had and a view shared by my companions.

Visited November 2013