“Plenty of room for more Mushrooms”
Review of The Gretna Inn

The Gretna Inn
Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Gretna
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Myself and my partner called in for a drink whilst travelling and decided to eat there as well . I ordered a burger and chips and my partner ordered chicken Goujons , great so far then we asked for some garlic mushrooms as my partner liked them.
We paid £4.95 for 6 mushrooms , what an absolute rip off. This isn't a 5 star Michelin restaurant , far from it , and £5 for a starter is average but 6 small breaded mushrooms in garlic ... Never again , when I went to pay and was asked if everything was alright with my meal I mentioned the measly portion and the girl agreed they were expensive but still charged full price . If your going to give such small portions at least tell us on your menu how many you get , there again if you did that you wouldn't sell any .. Rip off .
Would also like to say I stay in the area quite a lot on business but won't be going back there in a hurry which is a shame because it as the potential to be the best in the area , it maybe needs more competition to improve customer satisfaction !

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Beer was good, food not the best, below par pub grub although there isn't too many choices in Gretna, maybe some body knows a decent place to eat, please advise

2  Thank weedoc
Reviewed 15 April 2014

fantastic food and very good value for money, nice decor inside,outdoor seating area very pleasant atmosphere i will visit again.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Had an evening meal in this place whilst staying at one of the Hotels in Gretna.

Staff were pleasant and food was basic pub grub with prices a bit on the high side for what it was

2  Thank Paul T
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I was one of a party of twenty-two who convened there for a meal after a wedding, the tables were already assembled for us by prior arrangement.. talking to other guests regarding their meal, led me to award the venue a score of four out of a possible five.. My food was very fine, although two guests commented that their steaks were not cooked as requested, and one guest was forgotten when the starters were delivered..
Having said that, the food was very palatable, staff were lovely, menu, good choice and varied, from starter to dessert..
All in all a nice place to visit for a meal and refreshment

1  Thank Alfie_bullmastiff