“Fantastic wedding day to remember!!”
Review of The Gables Hotel

The Gables Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Gretna
Reviewed 28 October 2007

We got married on the 15th Aug 2007 and stayed at the Gables for 2 nights. Everything about the stay and the wedding reception was fantastic. The staff could not be more helpful, and very polite. We could not fault the food. All in all it was the most perfect day, made possible by the help of all of the staff.
Although the rooms ar smaller than i expected they are spotlessly clean, and more that adequate. The bathroom is very spacious with very nice fittings.
We have planned our next stay for our first anniversary.

• Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank big_dave_n_loobs

Reviewed 21 September 2007

I stayed here on a business trip in Sept 2007. This is a very pleasant hotel, with very friendly and attentive staff.

The breakfast was lovely too – lots of variety and choice of cereals, breads, juice, fresh fruit etc. The rooms were comfortable and more than adequate without being luxurious.

The only thing I didn’t like was the walk from the reception area to the bedroom block I was in: something of a maze, and I admit I got lost! Still, this is something you have to expect in a hotel which has had numerous additions / extensions over the years.

Despite this, I would recommend this hotel without hesitation. Overall very good value for money.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank HongKongFace
Reviewed 31 August 2007

Stayed here for two nigts for our wedding. 1st night in family room and then bridal suite. All staff here were polite, friendly and went out of they way to help us during our stay (especially as i was a little ill). Food was delicious, and the wedding co-ordinators were brilliant and helped us every step of the way and the way they designed the garden room for the reception was gorgeous, We even had the red capret out at the front. I definately recommend this hotel and if anyone is getting married here, please do use this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank hel74
Reviewed 13 August 2007

We stayed at the hotel for two nights for a relatives wedding.

On arrival we were informed that we were upgraded to the Bridal Suite - which gave extras such as Four Poster Bed and Jacuzzi.

Room was very comfortable, normal twin rooms looked very good as well.

Breakfast was fantastic with cooked breakfast prepared when asked for, so all freshly cooked and good selection of cereals, toast, yogurts etc.

Wedding reception was held at The Gables and could not fault anything service and food were absolutely excellent and would highly recommend.

Would definately return again Staff very helpful

• Stayed: August 2007
3  Thank K1000M
Reviewed 28 February 2007

We recently stayed at the Gables after seeing it on GMTV. We stayed in the newly opened Ailsa Suite which was fantastic. The room was huge and the bed was so unbelievably comfortable.The bath is enormous and definatley worth the wait to fill.

Dinner in the resturant was divine and the service from the staff was brilliant. We had snuck away to get married quietly and were welcomed by the staff who went out of their way to make out day perfect.

They were even able to put us in touch with two "professional wedding witnesses", a couple who spend their retirement witnessing hundreds of weddings a year for nothing more than their own enjoyment.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
6  Thank just-me-here
Reviewed 11 October 2006

We stayed at this hotel for our wedding at Anvil Hall. Allegedly we had one of the many "Bridal Suites" which consisted of a squeaky four-poster bed, a wardrobe (which was also home to an ironing board from the 1960's and an iron to match) and two chest of drawers - the room was full..... And trust me when you have your hairdresser and your beautician in there as well, both trying their best to get you positioned somewhere near the porthole of a window for some natural light, things can get fraught. The bathroom had a corner jacuzzi bath which saved day one, but having been woken at 7.00am the morning after my wedding by the jacuzzi in the room above being used, and then being flooded out of my "suite" when they decided they had had enough larking about the novelty quickly disappeared... I have to say the plumber was a jovial man who saw the funny side of things and advised that the same thing had happened a couple of weeks before (which would explain why the "suite" smelt damp and musty.....)
The food was bearable but not a patch on the meals you can get just down the road at the Crossways Inn...
Oh and although I had a car booked to take my dad and I to the wedding - they left the driver waiting for 15 minutes before they tried to let me know - not good for the nerves that I can assure you..
All in all I was disappointed as their website and several reviews on TripAdvisor had convinced me I was staying in the right place - and considering the prices they charge I expected better.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Mysweetlilprincess
Reviewed 3 October 2006

We got maried i Gretna green in august 11th 06 , we stayed at the Gables Hotel and had our reception there for about 45 , The staff were exxcelent and the food was very good, i cannot fault the hotel in anyway ,everyone was just great
thanks to all there especially to Joanne who is the wedding Co-ordanitor
geraldine & John McArdle Ireland

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with family
2  Thank irishgeraldine
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gretna
Greens at Gretna
The Gretna Chase Hotel
Solway Lodge Hotel
Solway Lodge Hotel
#5 of 5 in Gretna

Been to The Gables Hotel? Share your experiences!