“Lovely dinner”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Gretna
Cornwall, United Kingdom
“Lovely dinner”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed at the gables on a Travelzoo deal. Our room was comfortable and nicely presented. Our stay was on a Sunday night so the hotel was quite quiet. Our included 3 course evening meal was excellent and wine was more reasonably priced than in some of the other places we stayed. Breakfast was also good. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank theone22
Dear theone22

Great to read your review and you enjoyed your stay with us hopefully we will see you again on another visit.

Regards
JAN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Stayed here overnight on a business trip. Reception was welcoming with friendly staff at both check in and check out. Everything explained clearly. Room was good size and had the bonus of free WiFi, always helpful on business trips (especially as I can Facetime the family). Dinner and service was good, breakfast was very good.

All in all a good hotel with friendly staff, efficient and warm service and decent food. I would definitely recommend this hotel for business or pleasure and I would certainly stay here again. I am considering using this as a base for a golf holiday.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Gary092

Many thanks for review , we are all pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, hopefully we will see you again either for business or pleasure, hopefully you decide to a do a golf trip here in this area and use us as your base.

Kind regards
rossendale
Reviewed 8 October 2013

From the moment we arrived, both my Fiance and I fell in love with the Gables. It has a real Scottish charm. We were greeted by a lovely friendly lady on reception. We stayed in the standard room - nice size, big comfy bed and a really decent shower in the bathroom - just what we needed. Our rate included a 3 course dinner - Wow! The food was five star - definitely recommend the smoked salmon and potato salad starter! We will certainly be back in March - for our wedding :) All in all a lovely, cosy hotel with lovely staff - we would say the best hotel in Gretna.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear lovetotravel1303

What a great review , thank you we all at The Gables look forward to seeing you next March for another fabulous experience

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2013

The warm welcome we received at reception gave us an idea of what to expect - and we were not disappointed. The hotel was spotlessly clean and our room was comfortable and well appointed. Our Travelzoo deal included a three course evening meal and a full Scottish breakfast. Both were very good. For comfort, friendliness and excellent value, this hotel deserves top marks. We are planning to book another night here in the near future, which says it all!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lancestrian
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for the great review , it is pleasing that you had a great stay and you enjoyed our food. we look forward to seeing you again.
Regards

Jan
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Just got married at anvil hall and had our venu at the gables. We stayed on Friday night got married on Saturday and stayed on Saturday night. The rooms was beautiful the staff was really nice and so helpfull. We was a party of 12 and couldn't have been any more looked after.
Chris&nat

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Chris and Nat
Thank you for recent review , it is pleasing to hear that you enjoyed your wedding here at The Gables and the staff looked after you all well.

Kind regards
Jan
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We just got married in Gretna green and had our reception and our stay at the gables hotel. There was nothing at all to complain about. The wedding coordinators were fantastic and very Informative and every member of hotel staff were friendly and helpful. I didn't feel uncomfortable asking them for anything and when I did they helped with a smile on their face. We stayed in a 4 poster bridal suites and for the second night booked the Alyssa suite, well as soon as I saw the 4 poster bridal suites was astonished at how fantastic it was and thought I didn't need to upgrade as I was so impressed with that room, but when I did change rooms the next morning it fair to say the Alyssa suite was something else altogether, I can't express how fantastic this room is, truly amazing. I had some hesitation about getting married in Gretna as I thought because they doing weddings all the time maybe there was be some type of complacently but I was so so wrong. I was made to feel very special and I can't thank everyone at the hotel enough... If I'm being honest the ONLY thing that bugged me slightly and I mean very very slightly and I haven't marked it down because of this because its so tiny on the scale of things was on the wedding menu ordered the dessert was supposed to be dark chocolate tart with a mint and orange compote, this wasn't really accurate the mint compote was cream with a sprig of mint but no mint could be tasted and the orange was nowhere to be seen, I did ask and apparently it was laced through the tart but no one could taste it. HOWEVER the dessert was still delicious and everyone enjoyed it. I just wanted to add it to give a accurate and realistic review. Thank you so much Gables hotel. My wedding was amazing and if I could do it all again I wouldn't change a thing.

Room Tip: Alyssa suite really is worth the upgrade if its in your budget but if not the rooms are all fantasti...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear BarbaraS
Thank you so much for an excellent review , We at The Gables do strive to excel on great service and ensure that all our guests , that we exceed their expectations , it is also pleasing to hear that you enjoyed your stay in The Aisla Suite , it is a great suite , We have also took your comments on board regarding the dessert , and the chef will ensure that the flavour are correct,and more distinctive in the future , enjoy married life hopefully see you again.

Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We got married in Gretna and we and our wedding party stayed here. We COULD NOT be more pleased. They made us feel like we were the only ones there. The food was great, hospitality exceptional and the hotel lovely. We are going again for a first anniversary and can see us going again and again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear MichelleM

Thank you for your great review I appreciate you putting up your comments. It is obviously a great boost that we read that you will be returning again with us, and that you thoroughly enjoyed your wedding and wedding party with us , see you when you return for your 1st Wedding anniversary
Kind Regards
JAN
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gretna
Smiths at Gretna Green Hotel
#5 of 5 in Gretna
Solway Lodge Hotel
Solway Lodge Hotel
#4 of 5 in Gretna

Been to The Gables Hotel? Share your experiences!