We had a lovely one night stay here which included an evening meal, as part of a voucher deal and were very impressed. We had been upgraded to a four poster bedroom when we arrived which was very well appointed.
The evening meal was excellent, and as good as we had ever had at any top class restaurant. We will definitely look out for deals again. Note, this hotel is very well placed for the Gretna shopping stores, as well as for weddings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gables is an independent, family owned hotel in the heart of Gretna. This beautiful, grade-II listed Property is steeped in history and has become one of the leading wedding venue hotels in Gretna.From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave, you are assured of a warm, friendly atmosphere where nothing is too much trouble.The Hotels restaurant has earned a reputation for fine, traditional Scottish food, offering the ideal setting to enjoy a relaxing meal with friends and family, boasting a full & varied A La Carte menu complemented by a carefully selected wine list. For those who prefer a less formal setting, our cosy lounge bar offers delicious home cooked bar meals including many traditional favourites. Offering Free Wi-Fi and ample free onsite parking, The Gables Hotel is conveniently situated only a mile from the M(A)74, M6 & A75 giving easy access to Glasgow, Dumfries & Carlisle. Perfect for exploring the colourful heritage of Gretna Green and designer shopping at The Gretna Gateway Outlet village is just minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Gables Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gables Hotel Gretna Green
- The Gables Hotel Gretna, Scotland