My wife and me chose this hotel based on the lovely reviews that our fellow trip adviser members took the time to write. We were staying for one night due to my daughters wedding being held in the famous blacksmiths shop on the 2nd January 2014. The Gables hotel is located near to wedding venue, yet not to close. We were met by Jan at reception whom made us most welcome and made signing in so easy and simple. We stayed in room 35 which is at the rear of the hotel in the newer part of the building over looking lovely countryside and very quiet part of the hotel which suited us perfectly. Our room was spotless just like all of the hotel was and very we'll equipped. The food was excellent and the breakfast was one of the best we have ever experienced, with so much to choose from. The staff were very smartly dressed, and pleased to offer any help or advise that we required. We liked the hotel that much that we stopped another night because it was so nice. The staff were all very helpful and but to name a few were Jan, Tom and James whom were outstanding and committed to their work and made our stay most pleasant and enjoyable. last but not least we asked to see the ailsa suite which is on the first floor, this suite was previous the managers flat with two bedrooms and is now totally converted into a lovely luxury suite, this is the top end price of the hotel but would be excellent for that special occasion. Finally the area where we stayed has a car park around the back which allows easy access to you car and plenty of parking also includes area on the mono block surface to park your car if you or guests are disabled which is a big bonus, this is not mentioned in the web site but worth mentioning here. Many thanks for a wonderfull experience and we would highly recommend this hotel as others have.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gables is an independent, family owned hotel in the heart of Gretna. This beautiful, grade-II listed Property is steeped in history and has become one of the leading wedding venue hotels in Gretna.From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave, you are assured of a warm, friendly atmosphere where nothing is too much trouble.The Hotels restaurant has earned a reputation for fine, traditional Scottish food, offering the ideal setting to enjoy a relaxing meal with friends and family, boasting a full & varied A La Carte menu complemented by a carefully selected wine list. For those who prefer a less formal setting, our cosy lounge bar offers delicious home cooked bar meals including many traditional favourites. Offering Free Wi-Fi and ample free onsite parking, The Gables Hotel is conveniently situated only a mile from the M(A)74, M6 & A75 giving easy access to Glasgow, Dumfries & Carlisle. Perfect for exploring the colourful heritage of Gretna Green and designer shopping at The Gretna Gateway Outlet village is just minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Gables Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gables Hotel Gretna Green
- The Gables Hotel Gretna, Scotland