“The best view.”

Description: Now under new management as of 30/09/2016
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“The best view.”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

How can anybody knock this place. The view is simply breathtaking and that is why you are there. The food is just an extra bonus. It is what it is, fairly good fair....in fact the kedgeree is excellent.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Baldcritic69

Holmes Chapel, United Kingdom
“Felt like we were abroad”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely evening meal, the food was fantastic! The children had starter portion moules marinere and chips which was perfect size for them. The seabass with salad and rice was amazing as was king scallops. the only drawback was the vegetable Thai curry was meant to come with rice, naan and mango chutney and we ordered side of chips however it came only with the chips, they forgot the other things! Having said that we are looking forward to going again and would recommend it highly! Lovely service too :)

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank nickyjkas
Hales, Cheshire
“Would love to try the food, but was ignored for 10 minutes”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This restaurant has a great menu but you can't try it as no-one greets you, offers you a seat or makes an attempt to treat you like a customer. Way too few staff considering it was a cold day. Imagine the carnage if it was busy!!! You can only get away with treating customers like this because there are so few restaurants in the area. Not sure that is a successful business formula longterm.

Visited May 2014
7 Thank 191Gastronomy
Leeds, United Kingdom
“UNCLEAN TABLE (AND FLOOR) RUDE STAFF”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Dont be fooled by the location. We were really looking forward to dining here, the food is expensive but the location is lovely so we thought we would push the boat out, /what a mistake the staff were so ignorant, the café was quiet but we waited 1 hour for one course , which wasn't even hot when it came, Next time we go to Lanbedrod beach we will take a picnic and enjoy the view from the beach!!!!

• Visited April 2014
6 Thank leeandjoe
SazO79, Manager at The Galley, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I find it quite strange that as you'd had such a bad time you didn't mention this to myself and give me the opportunity to rectify the problem. I am struggling to also understand when it was you visited The Galley and waited an hour for food? I can only assume this is a genuine review and I will reply accordingly.
As you're a person with children and one who frequents the beach, I'm sure you can understand that having a bistro by the beach adults and children alike bring sand onto the terrace which we sweep away as often as we possibly can (3-4 times a day), some days it's extremely busy and we aren't able to start sweeping a terrace that's full of people who are having lunch etc, I'm sure you can appreciate that? Regarding waiting one hour for food, I can't understand when that would've been. Feel free to PM me the date, approximate time and what you had ordered and I will look into what allegedly happened. Waiting an hour for food is unacceptable, had you of mentioned this to me I would've ensured you left the premises with a positive memory and a desire to return.
Sincere apologies for your negative experience with us, it really is difficult when people don't mention anything at the time but then jump onto trip advisor to express their views when issues should be rectified at the time they occurred to ensure our customer is always happy and satisfied.
Manchester
“A missed opportunity”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

This location is idyllic with a captive audience. Managed properly this place could be award winning! Food was ok to good, some of the staff terrible. Menu confusing...I really wanted a starter and a main, but was told they could only bring everything out together because 'it works for them'. Hmmm... Food not hot, but it was a cool day. I asked for chips to accompany the meals and was told to queue up again at the hatch. No 'customer focus' - what a shame, could be a perfect location. Other customers complaining on next table. The management really need to try harder.

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank SammieJ0
SazO79, Manager at The Galley, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank you very much for your review. It's always beneficial to hear our customers feedback whilst also giving us an opportunity to respond and clarify any confusion.
The day you came for lunch was a chilly but sunny day, you sat adjacent to some people who actually frequent the establishment 4-5 times per week, the gentleman is local and a character at that!
The system we have during the day is, you order and pay at the hatch (as per the sign displayed), your drinks are served and then the food is served to you as everything is prepared fresh to order. We do not provide waitress service as such during the day, that style of service is for evening diners, reservations recommended.
I am sincerely sorry you found our menu confusing. The 'Lunch Specials' board and the 'Daily Menu' are what we serve at lunch time and the 'Evening Menu' is what we serve during the evening, for this to be confusing maybe we should reconsider the format of our menu and specials board.
With regards to the "it works for us" comment you made, that is simply not true. I told you that, "we don't have the facility to hot hold food during the day!" To which you replied, "that's just crazy!" So I went onto tell you, "That is the style of service we offer during the day and it has been that way for many years" and may I add, has worked successfully.
My staff and I remember you vividly and not one member of staff was rude to you, I am sorry if you felt that we were.