“Just what we needed”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Ladyt25
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Just what we needed”
Reviewed 27 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Just returned from a two night break with 4 friends (and 3 dogs) for my birthday. The cottage was lovely and the hot tub definitely a great little added bit of luxury especially as we weren't lucky with the weather!!

The location is fab, lovely and quiet with footpaths right on the doorstep so great for getting the dogs out - we even saw a red squirrel right outside the kitchen window which was a first for me and an added bonus!

Sadly the torrential rain turned the babbling brook into a torrent within a day so I think a revisit in the summer is necessary! Ha ha

I didn't recall being aware the cottage had underfloor heating so this was a great plus as, given the horrid weather it certainly kept the room cosy.
If I was to be picky there are just a couple of things I think could be improved (mainly these were noticed because of the wet weather). A heated rail in the porch - everything got so wet and, as we couldn't control the heating the radiators didn't kick in so we couldn't dry things. This is not ideal when you come in with soggy dogs! In addition a mat in this area for muddy boots/dog paws would also help.
I'm not sure how you'd manage if staying for a longer period either as there didn't appear to be a washing machine anywhere?
We did originally book cottage 1 but were moved to 3 due to a boiler incident. It did make me wonder if 3 was still going through some refurbishment as there seemed to be some bits that were unfinished (no shower screen, the shower not attached to the wall). In an otherwise very well done out cottage this just didn't seem to fit in. Also, a baby gate would be great so that dogs cannot get up the stairs. Our dogs were pretty good but it's hard to make dogs understand they're not allowed to go upstairs.

I certainly would recommend these cottages to friends - especially those with dogs as they are well designed for a sociable break away.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Steffi H
“Wish we could have stayed longer”
Reviewed 22 December 2016 for a stay in November 2016

I rented this with a group of friends and we loved it! The cottage is beautiful and it was lovely and warm (very important for November). We loved the hot tub and location, we just wish we could have stayed longer! The host was very helpful and we managed to get a lot out of our trip.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing