Can only really support what many others have said. Gonçalo and Marta have built a beautiful place with wonderful touches everywhere, and the staff all completely seem to buy in to the up-market but laid-back ethos of it all. We stayed in one of the lower rooms (3 Desejos) with views from our private deck out across the lawn to the greenhouse, veggie patch, and beyond that the dunes. Room was perfect and the 'rain' shower was the piece de resistance in a wonderfully thought-out bathroom, whose sunken Jacuzzi bath sadly never got used. The rooms are massive (each of the bathroom and bedroom were roughly the footprint of our terrace house back home).
The meals use their own produce wherever possible and are simply cooked so as to emphasize the flavour. On our second night Gonçalo drove us over to Porto Dinheiro for a gorgeous fish stew by the beach as the sun set over the Atlantic horizon. And on our fifth (and last) night we discovered a 1928 bottle of dessert wine on the wine list for € 22 ! Not sure if the price was a mistake, but we had to go for it (and let the staff have a taste) !
Enjoyed the walks along the cliff to Santa Cruz, Valongo and Porto Novo while 'her indoors' enjoyed the infinity pool.
There isn't much doubt that in part you are paying for Gonçalo and Marta's eco- ambitions (which are never really pushed at their guests at all - they just happen in the background), and I can sort of see why some people might think you aren't getting as many bangs for your buck as at other places in this price range. But you only have to look at the work that's gone into the construction, and must be going into the upkeep, and think that at full capacity there will probably only be around 30 people staying, and it all has to be paid for. I'd go back like a shot !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magical place in a magical setting, Areias do Seixo is a natural haven less than one hour from Lisbon. This is a special place where pine trees, dunes and sea murmur their secrets. Experience originality, sublime comfort and an unerringly sense of style that seamlessly blends in with the natural surroundings of the land, the sea and the shore. Each room tells its own intriguing story. Our restaurant transports you to a place where aroma, taste and colour come together, using raw materials sourced from a bountiful Mother Nature. Concealed behind the enigmatic wooden doors that lead into our SPA, a world of unique sensations awaits you. Leave the daily grind and the stresses of life behind you. Let yourself be transported back to an almost forgotten time when "to feel" was activity enough. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Areias do Seixo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Areias Do Seixo Charm Hotel And Residences
- Areias Do Seixo Portugal/A Dos Cunhados