We had been travelling with friends for about three weeks all over England, France and our last stop was Lisbon Portugal. We were in need of a well deserved rest from sight-seeing and regular hotels. We were looking for something different and unique and we found it just an hour outside Lisbon at Areias Do Seixo Charm Hotel & Residences. We were really impressed with its uniqueness the outstanding design and location. The other reviews well detail the hotel’s uniqueness and outstanding decor and charm. I would like to concentrate on Villa 2.
We were initially going to stay in one of the luxury hotel rooms but during the walk around we noticed the villas on the opposite side of the road. We were informed that they were available for rent and we decided that this would be a better option for all of us. We were showed a couple of Villas but Villa 2 took our breath away.
Luxury can be presented in many forms from lavish to over the top. Villa’s 2 luxuries are what we all agreed on was extremely tasteful and very well appointed. The combination of wood, stone and glass was just the right blend to make it standout. The location on the corner facing west gave you terrific site lines to the water and some beautiful evening sunsets from all areas within the villa. Inside the Villa you will find large spacious well appointed rooms over three floors. The artful use of opening floor to ceiling glass doors provided every room in the villa with airflow, unabated light and a view of the Atlantic Ocean. No air condition needed, the ocean provided that. You could of course adjust the amount of light because each window in the villa had its own remote controlled shade. A feature we came to really enjoy day or night. Something we all wished we had at home.
The rooms were all adored with new and modern well appointed furniture and fixtures. The decor blended extremely well with the villa’s surroundings. We called it efficient luxury, well designed, easy to move around and to use and very pleasing to the eye. The lounge when you walk in is spacious and beautifully decorated with a hanging fire place and a large TV and a walkout to the sun deck and pool. The kitchen with all new and modern appliances was designed with ease of use and style in mind. There are two dining areas, one inside and the one outside with a barbecue, providing you with a choice. The three bedrooms are on different levels and all with ensuites.
The two things that we enjoyed the most were the terraces and the garden areas. There was a terrace on each level where you could enjoy the sun, a view of the ocean, relax with a glass of wine and watch the sunset. The best view however was off the master bedroom where you have a large comfortable lounger in which to relax daytime or evening time watching the sunset. Must say, I fell asleep may a time on that lounger sometimes well into the night. The garden areas were well maintained and blended well with their surroundings.
We really enjoyed our final week of our Europe vacation. We were there the first week of October and had outstanding weather.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magical place in a magical setting, Areias do Seixo is a natural haven less than one hour from Lisbon. This is a special place where pine trees, dunes and sea murmur their secrets. Experience originality, sublime comfort and an unerringly sense of style that seamlessly blends in with the natural surroundings of the land, the sea and the shore. Each room tells its own intriguing story. Our restaurant transports you to a place where aroma, taste and colour come together, using raw materials sourced from a bountiful Mother Nature. Concealed behind the enigmatic wooden doors that lead into our SPA, a world of unique sensations awaits you. Leave the daily grind and the stresses of life behind you. Let yourself be transported back to an almost forgotten time when "to feel" was activity enough. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick so you can book your Areias do Seixo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Areias Do Seixo Charm Hotel And Residences
- Areias Do Seixo Portugal/A Dos Cunhados