“Family celebration lunch”

The George Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Molash
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A traditional warm and friendly rustic pub in the heart of the Kent countryside that oozes in character with its exposed wood beams, hanging hops, log burner & inglenook fireplace, The George, as it is affectionately known, started life as a farm building in the 1500s and became a pub in 1718. It even has its own bus service, direct from Sittingbourne – just look for the bus with “The George” on the front.The George Inn has 80 seater capacity including its own50 seater restaurant that can cater for all special occasions.Locally sourced seasonal produce is always used to create all our home made dishes by Paul our award winning chef and his team of professionals.You can keep updated with our monthly music & quiz plus other events at the George by looking us up on face book “The George Inn Newham”Food Served Mon-Sat 12- 2.30pm 7- 9.30pm and Sun 12- 4.30p.mOpening hours 11-3pm Mon-Sat, 6.30-11p.m and Sun 12- 10p.m. We recommend booking tables in advance
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

We had a great Sunday lunch on my birthday with kids, parents and inlaws. Good roasts and casseroles. Decent puddings and wine list too. Next time I’ll try the steak and kidney pudding!

1  Thank Euroboy68

Reviewed 2 October 2018

This village pub/ restaurant can be very busy and has a varied restaurant. If you want desert you may need to think twice about having a starter as portions area good size. Would I go again, Ive already been several times this year alone.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Kent-Hoggy
Reviewed 23 September 2018

The first two occasions were a wonderful experience, Good food, friendly and most important, splendid service. However, I am not sure we would be welcomed again after today's experience. The first two visits we chose to sit outside as it is usually quieter than the inside. Today, my wife and I were contemplating sitting outside but only to be informed rather curtly (by the lady in the photo far right collecting the 2016 award) we will not be serving you outside, it is too cold she said... and your food will be cold within minutes she informed us. We made the mistake of accepting her reasons and sat inside. Although, I had put in isolate flare ear plugs in an attempt to drown out the noise from crying children it did not work. We were in the process of ordering dessert when the screeching of children became louder. Needless to say we decided to leave. We were asked how everything was and I was already annoyed with myself for accepting that we had to sit inside, as it felt that we had been ordered to do so, I expressed my annoyance of the situation to a very understanding person behind bar but it appeared that the lady who had 'ordered' that we sat inside took umbrage to my comments. If customers want to sit outside in the cold it is preferable that it is their choice to do so and whilst the staff may feel the cold for less than a minute while they bring the food to the table , well quite frankly so what....we are the customers!

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Have seen the awards this place has had. Took my family there on Sunday and was very impressed. Food was amazing and all the staff were very attentive. My father has dementia and they made him feel like he was in his own home. If you read your reviews I'd like to say thank you. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank JetsetAshford
Reviewed 2 September 2018

We were recommended the George by our friends work colleague who had had a Sunday lunch here, and the recommendation was spot on, nice selection of locally produce, well cooked and presented, knowledge of waiting staff very good who were also very attentive, we will return if only to try the Steak & Kidney Pudding

Date of visit: September 2018

Been to The George Inn? Share your experiences!